tonyvvv

Buildings not displaying on Mac

Loaded the update on a Macbook Pro OS:(High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D102)) and none of the buildings nor the evolution tower are displaying; the flowers on them are there but none of the actual structure.  Same is occuring for houses and any other building created with the exception of the water pump which is displaying, but distorted.  I've tried adjusting the resolutions and various graphic settings to no avail and restarted about 5-6 times.  I've tried to include screenshots but unfortunately they're too large to attach- is anyone else experiencing this?

Hi @tonyvvv have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling The Universim completely?

From what i have just been informed, this is a issue with Unity itself and we have been advised that it is recommendation From Unity to use Steel not openGL Till they fix the problem with Unity.

1 minute ago, Ankneemull said:

From what i have just been informed, this is a issue with Unity itself and we have been advised that it is recommendation From Unity to use Steel not openGL Till they fix the problem with Unity.

Thanks Unity

12 minutes ago, AKoshelkov said:

Thanks Unity

hey- no i haven't- i'll try that soon and reply if it fixes it.

14 minutes ago, Ankneemull said:

Oh ok- so is there anything I can do on my end to resolve it (not sure what "use Steel not openGL" means)?

Thanks!

Ok, so my terminology may be incorrect, but here I go.

Steel is a GPU handler like OpenGL and OpenCL on the MacOS. Steel has a more direct route to the GPU, so it is supposed to be faster.

Unfortunately, I am not aware on how to force Steel to be used instead of OpenGL. So if anyone knows how to do that, please let others know.

Unfortunately, the problem is with the Intel graphics for MAC.