Gabbo1313

upgrading buildings

hey all, 

firstly ive tried searching the forums on a way to upgrade my existing buildings after all my reasearch was done and i had wood/stone refined resources stacked in the warehouse.
i click on the orange gear icon and then click the upgrade and nothing happens. even with resources etc. 
is it disabled or am i missing an element here?

If I remember right lot are having that issues and it a bug. I had that happen and just says upgrading but nothing happens. It bug.

seems to me clicking the upgrade button breaks the game I have had this happen twice now 

I played just once with the new update until now.

As far this game went at some point the nuggets trying to upgrade a building went underground and somehow couldn't reach the building.

But once again I think that happened just after I build the archive and got the game saved. Bevore saving everything was smoothy I think.

I'm going to try that again these days. Meanwhile you may also check if your game and the upgrades work well without an archive and saving the game? :)

I am sure they will fix the update Bug asap :).. It is indeed very game breaking.. Without updates you are stuck :)

I played it once more - and never built an archive until the very end.

And it was the very end - I managed to play through all the game without any real problems. So it must be the archive. As soon as I built the archive the problems rised.

So try without that. I'm sure you'll be pleased ;)

When some of the building upgrade.  Building goes below ground and pulls all nuggs that walk passed under as well and they go all over the place and die.   Mostly, It is upgrading waterworks type buildings that I have notices.

To reproduce.

Step 1 upgrade water tower

Step 2 aloow nuggs to upgrade

Step 3 after building will disappear.

Has this made any progress?   Just had this happen today.  Clicked upgrade, then no more buildings would get worked on and no upgrades ever took place.  Nothing fell through the world, though.

I'll try without the archive.

Upgrading works as intended... but we have noticed that nuggets aren't prioritizing the upgrades. Best thing to do currently is that when you want to upgrade a specific building, don't make any new ones until the upgrade is done. Sometimes that can be hard though especially if you need more water, well, etc.

It is known though... and thanks for sharing your experiences with issues you see in game, the more you share, the better the game will get.

Thanks Bolerro - That was one part of my problem.  Other part was I didn't build the stone/lumber refineries and I "expected" to still be able to build the tier1 buildings with the log/rock resources.  I wasn't aware that once an upgrade tech is researched it forces you to build the tier2+ building.  

Thanks again.

Yeah, once you do the upgrade research, they will only build the upgraded version

sorry to re-hash the thread, is the upgrade working in creative mode or campaign etc? forgot to ask that originally

Creator Mode is currently disabled while new content and bugs are being focused on. No ETA yet as to when it will return.