Sign in to follow this  
Sentawan

High Population/Village Expanse

As I approach 180 civ and 85 population, the city has expanded beyond efficient employment.  I have no idea how far nuggets' houses are from places I have them employed.  This is a huge problem that will take some creativity to solve.  If nuggets travel long distances to employment, then they risk getting hungry, thirsty, and/or tired before they get to their job.  A couple ideas to solve this...

1) Toggle to set buildings for level of education... buildings will automatically employ the level of education you set.  It will select nuggets based on their hut proximity.  If a suitable nugget is not found at that level of education within a certain distance, then it will select the next level of education lower.  When that person dies, it starts over.

2) Have a universal employment button... When hit, all buildings will drop their employees.  Then when you select it again, buildings will assign nuggets based on proximity, and with the previous, based on level of education.  Buildings will fill employees based on some order of building importance, such as food generation, eatery, construction, and so on.

3) When selecting employment for a specific building, have a toggle where it only shows those nuggets in a certain radius of the building.  The radius could have a number of presets, including entire map.

I think some combo of the three is needed, and each is useful in combination with the other two.

Agree wholeheartedly.

The sollution to this is pretty simple. have more familes live in the same abodes, and have them expand in size to allow more ppl to live there. Advance an age, get bigger abodes where more families can live. That is how your 1 city schould grow, not massivly just oooozing out all over the place. 

4 hours ago, IzznO said:

The sollution to this is pretty simple. have more familes live in the same abodes, and have them expand in size to allow more ppl to live there. Advance an age, get bigger abodes where more families can live. That is how your 1 city schould grow, not massivly just oooozing out all over the place. 

Hopefully now that the logging camp and stone mine allow the refineries to operate efficiently we'll see upgrades for the rest of the buildings.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this