Luke Shrubshall

Unplayable OSX Mac

After redownloading and changing all the setting from low to high and then back to default I've encountered at least 2 major errors so far.

1. The planet does not fully load in at all (mostly the land, sometimes bodies of water),  preventing doing anything with a 'new life' as it wont allow me to place an evolution center

2. The planet does full load in (land and water and resources) but all the animals are frozen and wont move AND I am still unable to place an evolution center hence making the game completely unplayable.

Other interesting things I encountered while trying to troubleshoot:

The game still feels extremely sluggish e.g. when attempting to place the Evolution Center, I would move the mouse to the desired location and there would be significant lag before the building ghost moves under the mouse

NOTE

Also when pressing escape to bring up the menu screen to exit the game I found that the top right corner no longer said TEST SQUAD (v........) but says. 0.0.22.11143 PUMPKIN PATCH. This is not an update issue on my part as I have ensured I updated correctly

Running on:

OSX High Sierra (10.13.1)

2.7 GHz intel i5

16GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce gt 640m 512MB

I'm having the same lag problem on my Mac. The game is barely payable.

Stats:

macOS High Sierra

3,2 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M390 2 GB

alright comrades, @Luke Shrubshall @Xander75  what is the updated version that appears on your launcher? And is this through steam or desktop version?

Desktop version.

Just updated to 0_0_22_1254120300_11119.

Playing right now and it seems to be a bit smoother, for now.

Also the desktop version for me.

When opening the launcher before clicking start it reads: VERSION 0_0_22_1254120300_11119, up to date!

After clicking start, at the main menu screen it reads: ALPHA VERSION 0.0.22.11143 TEST SQUAD

After starting "New Life", when attempting to place Evolution Center, top right corner reads: ALPHA V. 0.0.22.11143  WORK IN PROGRESS. Tester Name

Then pressing escape to bring up menu it reads: ALPHA VERSION 0.0.22.11143 PUMPKIN PATCH

Let me know if you need any more details.

1 hour ago, Xander75 said:

Desktop version.

Just updated to 0_0_22_1254120300_11119.

Playing right now and it seems to be a bit smoother, for now.

alright lemme know if there's anything else that happens

53 minutes ago, Luke Shrubshall said:

Also the desktop version for me.

When opening the launcher before clicking start it reads: VERSION 0_0_22_1254120300_11119, up to date!

After clicking start, at the main menu screen it reads: ALPHA VERSION 0.0.22.11143 TEST SQUAD

After starting "New Life", when attempting to place Evolution Center, top right corner reads: ALPHA V. 0.0.22.11143  WORK IN PROGRESS. Tester Name

Then pressing escape to bring up menu it reads: ALPHA VERSION 0.0.22.11143 PUMPKIN PATCH

Let me know if you need any more details.

Alright, so other than the pumpkin patch message which seems to be purely aesthetic, I'd suggest lowering the settings when playing the game at this point. MAC graphics are bad enough as is and when I play, I lower it so that it's not lagging so much. What other errors are happening?

I've played for an hour now. It gets slower the further you progress though. Haven't reduced the graphics settings yet and will do that next time I'll play.

I'm also playing on the Mac version I'm using a mini Macbook air. The game stutters due to s*** computer parts but upon reducing the graphics it runs smooth. 

My graphics are on medium and it gets sluggish the longer you play. Especially weather can slow things down a lot.

I just tried myself, and yea. The patch names swap. (BOTH NORMAL & CREATOR MODE)

• First it say ALPHA VERSION 0.0.22.11143 TEST SQUAD. (GAME MENU before doing anything)
  • After starting a game it say ALPHA V. 0.0.22.11143 with the name "Tester Name". (INGAME)
  • When going into the game menu (ESC) it say ALPHA VERSION 0.0.22.11143 PUMPKIN PATCH. (GAME MENU after starting a new game)

The numbers seems to be correct, but the names are wrong. I don't know if it helps but also playing on Mac.

Haven't had any big issues with the game running slowly, but things don't follow the cursor to 100% if thats what you guys refer to above.

macOS High Sierra

2,9 GHz Intel Core i5

16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.