Sign in to follow this  
ArmchairGravy

Is Population Growth Randomized?

On one save I have 41 Nugs on day 44.  On another I'm at 26 Nugs on day 73.  The growth on the slow village has been fairly sluggish throughout the save.  Is growth rate one of the randomized settings when creating a new world? 

qpDXmAN.png

I'm not really sure.. it kind of seems that way. I had one save where I had over 70 nuggets and my current game that I'm playing I literally have to pair nuggets or I won't have any. Sometimes they just pair up and breed like rabbits and sometimes they don't. I've got the almond joy/mounds effect going..

1 hour ago, ArmchairGravy said:

On one save I have 41 Nugs on day 44.  On another I'm at 26 Nugs on day 73.  The growth on the slow village has been fairly sluggish throughout the save.  Is growth rate one of the randomized settings when creating a new world? 

qpDXmAN.png

The Population growth rate randomized slightly, to the point when you should not feel it at all, but a lot of factors comes in play, when we are talking about population. The first factor is how fast you will build the Hut for the nuggets to mate (this one is probably one of the most important onces). If you have 10 other buildings being built currently & nuggets also trying to build their hut. The hut build will take long time and therefore you nuggets won't be mating, until the hut is build. So while you are playing, try to make sure that you prioritize hut building first for a steady population growth. Other factors that influence mating are: hunger, thirst, how tired they are, how happy they are. Make sure to keep your population fed and happy :) There is also a factor of getting twins. Which will boost your population growth as well. So as you can see, there are a lot of different factors that influence the population growth and it's not necessarily random.

Sincerely, 

Crytivo Crew :)

I've started another save, and on this one I'm at population of 22 on day 56.  The one thing I've changed on these last couple of saves is being more aggressive on Nugget employment.  I'm building more farms/eateries/engineers and am generally keeping Nuggets well occupied with fewer laborers.  It very well could be that this is dragging the happiness levels down even though I am building more shops as well. I'm not spamming structures (my rule is no more than 3 under construction at a time) and they are definitely well fed as can be seen in the screenshot. They may be too busy and tired to make the huts rock. :emoticon-00115-inlove:

I'll do another one tomorrow and go back to having more laborers and let you know how that works out.  

From what I've seen the last couple of saves is I'm hitting 30 Nuggets by day 40 when I don't push as hard.  There is a needle that needs to be threaded to trade production vs. population.  If I push too hard on production the population growth stagnates.  If I don't push hard enough the population starves because there isn't enough food to go around.  I hope to see this level of finely-tuned trade offs going forward!