Sign in to follow this  
Reuvil

Still full of bugs

I have numerous games in alpha/beta from Steam.  By far this game is the least playable of any I have ever encountered.

With all of the "updates" you have released with huge fan fare, I am sadly sucked in again to this bug riddled game. I would expect some level of ability to play this game without extremely horrendous bugs at every turn.

The last time I played, 6 months ago, it was a constant death spiral that could never be brought under control.  It was impossible to play very long without mass die offs with a dozen games started.

This most recent patch is far worse.

1. Nuggets spin in place then fly off (like a helicopter) into the sky to die. This happened numerous times.

2. Nuggets will not find a new mate once theirs dies.  So after several deaths pretty much everyone is single, which forces you to manually mate them up, ridiculous.

3. Population counter stops updating.  Does not reflect colony size nor even babies as they are born.

4. Nuggets stuck in bunker.  They either go there on their own or when you sound the alarm several refuse to leave and just die.

5. Nuggets that are starving or thirsty will "go to work" and then subsequently die instead of topping of food/drink desires.  Yes, there is a full eatery and well outside their "work".

6. Nuggets repairing buildings that do not have the broken symbol overhead before those that do.

The longer you play, the worse things get. Saving the game, exiting and reloading the game seems to "fix" some of the issues buy they just pop up again.

These are just the ones I can think of off of the top of my head from trying 2 different games this weekend with the same results.

I know its in alpha, but seriously, its not even worth testing when you can't even progress due to multiple game crippling issues.  I have been gaming for 37 years the way these updates are presented in no way reflect on what is possible in your game.

I'll check back next summer, maybe it'll be playable to some extent.

they said they are working on th AI

On 11/6/2017 at 3:35 PM, Reuvil said:

I have numerous games in alpha/beta from Steam.  By far this game is the least playable of any I have ever encountered.

With all of the "updates" you have released with huge fan fare, I am sadly sucked in again to this bug riddled game. I would expect some level of ability to play this game without extremely horrendous bugs at every turn.

The last time I played, 6 months ago, it was a constant death spiral that could never be brought under control.  It was impossible to play very long without mass die offs with a dozen games started.

This most recent patch is far worse.

1. Nuggets spin in place then fly off (like a helicopter) into the sky to die. This happened numerous times.

2. Nuggets will not find a new mate once theirs dies.  So after several deaths pretty much everyone is single, which forces you to manually mate them up, ridiculous.

3. Population counter stops updating.  Does not reflect colony size nor even babies as they are born.

4. Nuggets stuck in bunker.  They either go there on their own or when you sound the alarm several refuse to leave and just die.

5. Nuggets that are starving or thirsty will "go to work" and then subsequently die instead of topping of food/drink desires.  Yes, there is a full eatery and well outside their "work".

6. Nuggets repairing buildings that do not have the broken symbol overhead before those that do.

The longer you play, the worse things get. Saving the game, exiting and reloading the game seems to "fix" some of the issues buy they just pop up again.

These are just the ones I can think of off of the top of my head from trying 2 different games this weekend with the same results.

I know its in alpha, but seriously, its not even worth testing when you can't even progress due to multiple game crippling issues.  I have been gaming for 37 years the way these updates are presented in no way reflect on what is possible in your game.

I'll check back next summer, maybe it'll be playable to some extent.

Hi Reuvil,

We are very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience lately with the game.  We are trying our best to fix all the issues and majority of the issues that you listed are being worked on / fixed.  

1.  Nuggets spin in place then fly off - Potentially fixed. Currently being tested my QA department. 

2. Nuggets will not find a new mate once theirs dies (Looking into that issue)

3. Population counter stops updating - This is the new one. Trying to repro the issue. If you will encounter that issue one more time, we would like to hear how did you get it is possible. 

4. Nuggets stuck in bunker - Fixed 

5. Nuggets starving - if the eatery is full & all the food is in the eatery nuggets will continue to work until there would be an open spot in the eatery. 

6. Priority building fix - Fixed 

Currently, we made big performance improvements as well as fixed multiple AI bugs. When the issue with the mating will be resolved, we are planning on releasing a hotfix, that should fix all the major issues that stops the progression forward. Again, we are sorry that you had a bad experience while playing The Universim. We will do our best to fix all the problems and satisfy your needs. Thank you for your support & understanding.

Best, 

Crytivo Crew

I think they could go without your negativity, these guys are doing very well and paying attention to us. They even responded to you with respect and kindness. Why don't you try making a game like this? Can you even code a simple "hello world"? Anyways, they give a report bug button on the main UI for a reason, use it. I try to use it every time I play even for the smallest thing. They literally just demolished their old path finding, plus so many other things. KEEP IT UP! 

MY BUG:

Every time I upgrade a building a good amount of nuggets will grab refined materials and travel half way around the planet and drop them. Eventually it works itself out but still very strange.

Nugget communication on upgraded buildings? I don't know. Good luck.

On top of that. On my machine, 

970GTX 

16gb ram

I7 6700

Thank you for the response.

My frustration is that I can only play a couple of hours until the game goes sideways after the last few large updates.  I want to play the game and experience the changes being implemented, but am unable to do so.  So, sure I'm not happy about it. 

I'll jump into it again tonight and see how a new game fairs.

Its not just the population counter. Was up at about 70 something litle nuggers when it all started to fall apart. No change in water, food or population counter, not sure if water levels and fish counters worked. And there for some reason nuggets start dying.

And then gravedigger stops doing his job.

Lots of nuggets seem to die at the weather tower for some reason.

And i found 2 nuggets stuck in a bunker.

It is like he says very frustrating after a while, so can't really play that much and try to find out what's really going on.  1 game/patch is ok :P

Yeah, the game falls apart after 50 Nugs.  I bought the game yesterday and encountered every bug listed in the OP.  Sasha, when you say these bugs are fixed, I'm not sure if you mean they're fixed but the patch needs released or if you think the bug fixes have already been released.  If it's the latter then I can assure you the bugs listed as fixed are not.  Nugs are still getting stuck in bunkers, damaged buildings are not being prioritized, and Nugs don't take care of their needs properly.  They won't eat, drink, or heal themselves even when there's open slots to do so.