Sirkull

V18 - Consistent Crashing

V18 - Consistent Crashing
  • Consistency - Once I reach Close to 40 nuggets
  • Steps to reproduce Random action - but over 40 nuggets - notice pop sound of notice like a build completion, game freeze and crash
  • Screenshot - unavailable
  • Build information & game settings. - V18.7468-20170801185551
  • Output log. - Attached

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

having this same problem never played a game so far where it didnt crash at somepoint

There is a similar thread about this so I'll post my same answer here. A dev has yet to comment on this, btw. 

I haven't played in a while, but this bug or feature, lol, has been around since day one. Which is why I am surprised they bothered to add a save feature. Not sure what causes it, my suspicion has always been a memory leak. Some variances have evolved since earlier builds. I used to be able to always hit 60+ nuggets, sometimes even close to 100, but since disasters and sickness and storms and starvation, getting to 50 ish is about as good as it gets, the time frame is a little longer now, used to freeze up in 30 minutes. No matter what you do or how you play, you will eventually hit that freeze and it's game over. It's always been my biggest gripe. What scares me is, this game is supposed to eventually have 4-5 "ages" you can progress to. It's still in the first age, stone age or starting age, whatever it's called after all of this time, and the crash still happens. How can we even hope to progress to new ages until this is fixed?

Every game I've started so far (3) has crashed between 50-71 Nuggets, each time I was struggling with starvation, thirst and my nuggets were dropping like flies.  I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL & log out to close it.  I'm trying to see the pattern but I'm new to the game.

The lack of a response to this is disturbing to me, to say the least. Acknowledge it and tell us what you think it is Devs and that you will fix it, rather than ignoring the elephant in the room. This crashing after playing for an hour or so has been around since last year, maybe from the very beginning. We need to know it's being fixed, otherwise, how can this game ever make it past the stone age or whatever age this is. @Greendq  sorry, only dev name I know off the top of my head.

While I am not working with the game engine itself (I am responsible for patcher and servers infrastructure), I clearly see that the main problem is in the ancient graphic card - AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series was released 7 (seven) years ago and it does not support all shaders we have in the game now.

Until the game officially released we have no minimum requirements for hardware and allow to run it even on integrated GPU. But when game will be in beta we will check the most suitable configuration for comfortable gameplay.

Sorry, but we can not guarantee that the game will show all it`s features while running on coffe-machine :) 

Note: this is my opinion as developer, but this is not official Crytivo`s statement. And, no offence, please :)

2 hours ago, Greendq said:

While I am not working with the game engine itself (I am responsible for patcher and servers infrastructure), I clearly see that the main problem is in the ancient graphic card - AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series was released 7 (seven) years ago and it does not support all shaders we have in the game now.

Until the game officially released we have no minimum requirements for hardware and allow to run it even on integrated GPU. But when game will be in beta we will check the most suitable configuration for comfortable gameplay.

Sorry, but we can not guarantee that the game will show all it`s features while running on coffe-machine :) 

Note: this is my opinion as developer, but this is not official Crytivo`s statement. And, no offence, please :)

Although I accept that I will have occasional issues while playing high demand games with the age of my hardware, I never expected a civilization/builder game to cause more issues than a graphics heavy, truck simulator that is only 1 year older.  Interestingly the latest operating systems recognize my hardware, the hardware still receives regular updates from the OEM, and honestly I still play the latest games at medium to high graphics settings without consistent issues. 

In this case, when I had a systematic crash at a similar point, after 10 attempts,  I determined that this was worth reporting as per the forums. I would like to point out that I am not the only one.  If it led to establishing that my hardware was the issue, great, I can say I assisted in determining minimum requirements.  I accept that paying for alpha comes at a risk, and that the games will have issues. As part of that community, I avoid complaining, and simply report the issues. This is not my first alpha, and I endeavor not to be judgmental about a game's issues in that stage.

What I didn't expect, was to have someone on the team call my system a "Coffee Machine". Your first two paragraphs would have been more than sufficient to express the point.  If I may provide my last suggestion for this game... Please ensure that the employees responding to the customers on the game's forums have the political savvy not to come across as an elitist douche, no offense (see how that works?).  

In further assistance to the development of this game I will endeavor to make certain on Steam, and other forums I can find, to relay this message on. If you, or someone, could please inform me what age of graphics card you would put in the "coffee machine" range? 5 years? 3 year? 1 year? that would be appreciated. Otherwise I will have to be generic in my posts and guess.

I wouldn't want people to pay to get early access, and have their "coffee machines" fail to run it smoothly.  

13 minutes ago, Sirkull said:

Although I accept that I will have occasional issues while playing high demand games with the age of my hardware, I never expected a civilization/builder game to cause more issues than a graphics heavy, truck simulator that is only 1 year older.  Interestingly the latest operating systems recognize my hardware, the hardware still receives regular updates from the OEM, and honestly I still play the latest games at medium to high graphics settings without consistent issues. 

In this case, when I had a systematic crash at a similar point, after 10 attempts,  I determined that this was worth reporting as per the forums. I would like to point out that I am not the only one.  If it led to establishing that my hardware was the issue, great, I can say I assisted in determining minimum requirements.  I accept that paying for alpha comes at a risk, and that the games will have issues. As part of that community, I avoid complaining, and simply report the issues. This is not my first alpha, and I endeavor not to be judgmental about a game's issues in that stage.

What I didn't expect, was to have someone on the team call my system a "Coffee Machine". Your first two paragraphs would have been more than sufficient to express the point.  If I may provide my last suggestion for this game... Please ensure that the employees responding to the customers on the game's forums have the political savvy not to come across as an elitist douche, no offense (see how that works?).  

In further assistance to the development of this game I will endeavor to make certain on Steam, and other forums I can find, to relay this message on. If you, or someone, could please inform me what age of graphics card you would put in the "coffee machine" range? 5 years? 3 year? 1 year? that would be appreciated. Otherwise I will have to be generic in my posts and guess.

I wouldn't want people to pay to get early access, and have their "coffee machines" fail to run it smoothly.  

you DO realize this game is still in alpha stage, right? - and yes, his comment may have been a little umm, how should we say, "insulting"? but he said he isn't working on the game engine. so seriously, i'm not counting this person as someone who "knows" what he's talking about. and yes, he IS part of the game's development team, but he deals with servers and such. when the game goes beta, i guess they'll have the range of hardware it will support. and trust me, it'll support your graphics card. not because i know, but because it's not a "heavy" game.

17 minutes ago, Hymn said:

you DO realize this game is still in alpha stage, right? - and yes, his comment may have been a little umm, how should we say, "insulting"? but he said he isn't working on the game engine. so seriously, i'm not counting this person as someone who "knows" what he's talking about. and yes, he IS part of the game's development team, but he deals with servers and such. when the game goes beta, i guess they'll have the range of hardware it will support. and trust me, it'll support your graphics card. not because i know, but because it's not a "heavy" game.

Yep, realize it is in Alpha. Which is why I followed forum rules, reported it as requested, and provided files. I didn't come in and talk down about the game, complain about the crashes, or demand my money back. I wasn't all over steam talking the game down, or encouraging others to not buy, based on the alpha crashing issue.

I have highlighted in your response, what is at issue. Greendq has "Developer" as a title, and Cryptivo in their tag. So opinion or not; game engine developer or not, a comment placed by a member of the Dev team, represents both the company and game, in my opinion. And based on that being the one and only response to the report, I am assuming one of two things:

1) That the company doesn't consider alpha feedback important enough to establish a savvy Dev to monitor forums, and thank those that first paid to support alpha phase and be part of alpha testing, and then took the time to post, as per the rules, the possible bugs. 

2) That the opinion and manner this Dev expressed (as an opinion) actually represents the general attitude of the team.

For either assumption, I don't consider my time worth investing in this game, and feel as part of the gaming community, that I need to, now, publicly inform other gamers about my experience. 

4 hours ago, Sirkull said:

I did not called your hardware "coffe-machine". This term was used as generic description of all hardware which is not capable to run complex shaders. Personally, I call "coffe-machine" all cards, which are not capable to run DX11 on *HARDWARE*, even if driver report it is DX11. You are free to use your own definition for this term.

We are using Unity3d as game engine. If for some reason they will drop support of the GFX cards like yours (like they did for pre-DX9 cards) - we can not support it too. So, generally speaking - no one can guarantee that your hardware will be supported when game will be released.

I am sorry if you interpreted my reply as insult - may be this is because I`m not native English speaker and did not expressed correctly. But you should understand - as mentioned above by other player - game is in (pre) Alpha stage. We change engine version not because we just want to use the latest one, but because Unity does not provide support for old versions - mostly all bugfixes and new features are available only in the latest version.

P.S. The same situation is for Apple - they support only 3 latest generations of hardware. Also Microsoft *REQUIRE* W10 for the latest development tools. And do not ask me WHY.

Guest CM Mirror

@Sirkull Thank you for your feedback on the game and the crash/output logs

Because we are in alpha, we can not promise optimized gameplay on ANY hardware, let alone older hardware such as yours. As we move closer to beta, and further optimize the game we will have a better idea of the minimum requirement for our game. Ultimately, we strongly urge people to do research prior to purchase of the game at this stage due to the above.

We do value your feedback, as with any of our backers as it is paramount to the continued development and refinement of the game. The team goes over both the bug report and feedback forums to ensure we're fixing the bugs and addressing the issues presented by our alpha stage backers as fast and efficiently as we can. 

For now please keep this thread to discussions of the crash after X# of nuggets topic. Any other members experiencing this issue are welcome to post their crash/output logs. Any other discussions will be removed.

@Greendq Thank you for the clarification, and I apologize for taking the Coffe-Machine in the wrong context. Your explanation makes sense, and I will try to remember the term in the future.

Hi everyone!

I started playing the game yesterday. I got very amused... I usually dont like gaming. But this one got me LOL. i wanted to report that I am noticing persisting crashing while playing. Also i noticed when I start a new game the crash doesnt come as fast, but i load saved game, somehow the crash is faster. Is there any tips how can I avoid this consisting crashing?

I have an Nvidia graphics card geforce 1060 with 6 gb ram and as I said, Universim has never been playable for me past 60-90 mins or a certain threshold of nuggets.

crash.dmp

error.log

1/4

I have  issues with crashing/freezing with between 50-70 nuggets, not sure if it's because of the number of nuggets, I think 3 of the crashes happened around the time I was dealing with infections and lots of dying nuggets at once. I have 4 different crash logs & I'll upload each crash in it's own post so they don't get mixed up, I think one was caused when I tried to save the stuck dying fisherman by dragging him.

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

2/4

Crash 2

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

3/4

Crash 3

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

4/4

Crash 4

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

Sapphire Radeon 7850HD Overclocked Edition

Intel i5-4690k @3.5ghz

8GB DDR3

Windows 10 64bit

Edited by Mysticalmaid
added system information

Mysticalmaid, not sure how you were able to post all of that, I couldn't even attach my output.txt because it said I had exceeded some size limit of 1.96mb

4 hours ago, maegi46 said:

Mysticalmaid, not sure how you were able to post all of that, I couldn't even attach my output.txt because it said I had exceeded some size limit of 1.96mb

Maegi46 I posted it in different posts ome after the other and it automatically merged them, love that feature!

Hey all we are working on the issues with nuggets and will get the game to the point where crashes will be more of the past :)