MetalMatty

All of my Nuggets got "stuck" in place

All of my Nuggets got "stuck" in place

Everything was going really smooth, except for a few instances where Nuggets would be 10-20 feet off the ground. They appeared to still at least move about though, and it was fixable by moving them to the ground. However, out of nowhere every Nugget in the game (42 of them) got stuck in place. Their bodies still make the walking animation, but they can't move anywhere. I've tried moving them and they just get stuck where they get placed. Saving/reloading seems to have no effect. 

Game is fully updated.

PC Specs:

AMD FX4300

8GB RAM

NVIDIA 1050Ti SC OC

Just wanted to update, I started a new game and after about the same time frame (I'd guess maybe 1.5-2 hours) and approximately the same amount of Nuggets (I think it was 52 this time) the same exact bug occurred. All Nuggets got stuck in place with no way to move them until they started to die off.

I haven't played in a while, but this bug or feature, lol, has been around since day one. Which is why I am surprised they bothered to add a save feature. Not sure what causes it, my suspicion has always been a memory leak. Some variances have evolved since earlier builds. I used to be able to always hit 60+ nuggets, sometimes even close to 100, but since disasters and sickness and storms and starvation, getting to 50 ish is about as good as it gets, the time frame is a little longer now, used to freeze up in 30 minutes. No matter what you do or how you play, you will eventually hit that freeze and it's game over. It's always been my biggest gripe. What scares me is, this game is supposed to eventually have 4-5 "ages" you can progress to. It's still in the first age, stone age or starting age, whatever it's called after all of this time, and the crash still happens. How can we even hope to progress to new ages until this is fixed?

It happenned to me few times too, i have tried to do it on purpose few times to be sure what was the cause; it seems to be a bug when many nuggets have the same issue: lack of water food or happiness all at the same time, their AI can't prioritize what to solve first so they just stop moving and wait, the food seems to be the main trigger with the eatery, since they all have to use to same path to go to the same building they tend to just stop moving to let other go first but other also let the other go, so no one moves because the IA can't prioritize one over another