Sign in to follow this  
Chaosdrone

Flying & underground nuggets need to be brought back to motherplanet

Hello Creators,

Today we have come to you to ask for your help! Right now we are experiencing a very random issue where nuggets start flying or go underground. Our QA team has been trying to figure out the reproduction steps for this issue to help our devs kill it and solve the issue but we so far do not have a clear explanation to give to our programmers.

In order to do so we would like to ask all of you to help us determine what is going on at the exact moment when nuggets stop walking and performing their duties on ground level and go up in the air or go underground. We are working very hard on trying to find why this is happening, so if you encounter this bug we ask that you post here exactly what you were building, what those flying nuggets were doing at the moment the issue appeared. Additionally, output logs, crash reports or any kind of information on what was going on exactly when you started seeing the issue would be very helpful, what buildings were being built, what action were the nuggets performing. Please also include the tech. specs of the pc/mac/linux you are running, every fine detail you can put in the post the better and it will help us find this bug and stop it once and for all.

Now this deed will not go unrewarded for your help you will get a forum icon reward that will show that you helped Crytivo find the bug.

On top of that one person who post the most detailed and helpful report will have a chance to join the community QA team,This will include working with the Crytivo Games team getting the latest patches a week before the public to test it and knowing much more about the game development! 

Please do not post any unrelated bugs here post that in the usual place, here: https://forums.theuniversim.com/index.php?/forum/85-patch-lizard-candy-feedback/

Thank you Creators!

1 hour ago, Chaosdrone dijo:

Hello Creators,

Today we have come to you to ask for your help! Right now we are experiencing a very random issue where nuggets start flying or go underground. Our QA team has been trying to figure out the reproduction steps for this issue to help our devs kill it and solve the issue but we so far do not have a clear explanation to give to our programmers.

In order to do so we would like to ask all of you to help us determine what is going on at the exact moment when nuggets stop walking and performing their duties on ground level and go up in the air or go underground. We are working very hard on trying to find why this is happening, so if you encounter this bug we ask that you post here exactly what you were building, what those flying nuggets were doing at the moment the issue appeared. Additionally, output logs, crash reports or any kind of information on what was going on exactly when you started seeing the issue would be very helpful, what buildings were being built, what action were the nuggets performing. Please also include the tech. specs of the pc/mac/linux you are running, every fine detail you can put in the post the better and it will help us find this bug and stop it once and for all.

Now this deed will not go unrewarded for your help you will get a forum icon reward that will show that you helped Crytivo find the bug.

On top of that one person who post the most detailed and helpful report will have a chance to join the community QA team,This will include working with the Crytivo Games team getting the latest patches a week before the public to test it and knowing much more about the game development! 

Please do not post any unrelated bugs here post that in the usual place, here: https://forums.theuniversim.com/index.php?/forum/85-patch-lizard-candy-feedback/

Thank you Creators!

In addition I would like to add a few possible hints: we suspect it might have to do with new buildings such as local businesses (entertainment), bunker, or even with Graveyard or Funeral Pyre. I hope it helps!

Thank you very much for your help & support!

Best regards,

Daniel Borrull/Project Manager at Crytivo Games.

If it helps, I have noticed that there is an specific action than makes the gravedigger fly: almost every time is carrying a body, they both (the gravedigger and the body) start to fly.

This happens to me about 3 of every 4 times the gravedigger is carrying a body in all my games.

I play in windows 10, nvdia gtx m950, intel core i7-6700HQ (3.5GH) and 8GB of RAM.

Version of the current build: ALPHA V.0.0.18.7468

Operating System: Linux (openSuSE 42.2 Leap)

Module: Mechanisms, Graphics and AI

Computer specs: Intel i7-6700K @ 4Ghz; 32GiB DDR4 RAM; 2x EVGA nVidia GTX 970

Brief BUG/Glitch Description: game built Stone Hut in front of Engineering Hut, nuggets leaving hut to repair started flying

How do you replicate this issue EXACTLY (Required!): place a building such that the automatic placement process will put a building in front of your placed building.  Once Stone Hut is built any Nugget walking into or out of your building or the Stone Hut will fly.

See the auto2.gz saved game and Player.log.

• There are 80 Nuggets in this save. 
  • It will take a long time to load.
  • A Stone Hut is being built right in front of an Engineers next to the shallow lake.
  • All the building Nuggets are flying.

Fortunately you can pickup a flying Nugget and drop them on the ground to stop the flying.  During wind storms the flying Nuggets will form a huge line above the bunkers making this easy to do en mass.

Nuggets going bellow the surface has been happening at least since 0.0.13.  That seemed to have something to do with the seams in the world model.  The subterranean Nuggets usually happened when an Engineer or someone seeking to harvest a resource walked through a corrupted map chunk.  The mountains were a particular problem as the skirts around them broke pathing, building placement and caused Nuggets to go under the ground.

With 0.17.7468 I've noticed an increase in graphical problems with the planet model.  Sometimes trees models are stretched out as it one or more points on the model was placed far away from the rest of the points on the polygons.  Some lakes are split in the middle and do not line up.  Nuggets walking through these model areas start flying or go underground.  This indicates something wrong with the model.  The glitches can go away when the seasons change, too. (The affected Nuggets continue to fly.)

Stone Huts can be a major source of flying Nuggets.

For the last few runs I have noticed that the build placement planner puts Stone Huts in bad locations.  On top of Engineer Huts.  Attached to the side of the new Amusement buildings.   When this is done any Nugget exiting the building through the Stone Hut side immediately begins flying. 

Why the game designers don't let us place Huts is still confusing.  Any automatic planner is going to make terrible decisions.  At least let the player make the mistakes.  I feel powerless in the face of bad Huts that get setup somewhere.  If I destroy one in a particularly bad spot the game immediately sprouts another build job, eating up resources and precious Nugget time.

I also had a world with a very shallow lake in the middle of a desert.  When Nuggets starting bumping up against the lake to walk to things on the other side they would fly a lot.

Sometimes flying Nuggets like Engineers cannot do their tasks.  They 'fly' over to the location to do the task and the task never starts.

And dead flying Nuggets randomly continue to float.

Player.log.gz

auto2.gz

Edited by waveclaw
correct reported version

I have seen the gravedigger go after bodies and retrieve them from under the lakes. The gravedigger walks in the air and gets the bodies that way; at least when I was paying attention I noticed this.

Check comment 1 on this post. I posted the crash files. The nuggets all began to float before the crash.

I started an upgrade for my eaterie, winter ended and nuggets lined up to one farm to receive food. After food from the farm was depleted and they left for different food source this happened :D

levitation.thumb.jpg.dd16fc41287c8d4db261ba7d1d115252.jpg

My nuggets began flying after they crossed the frozen lakes to find food and water.  They were foraging quite far away.

Thank you all for the info