Sign in to follow this  
CPY

Launcher requires administrative rights

Launcher requires administrative rights and refuses to launch without administrative privileges.

14 minutes ago, CPY said:

Launcher requires administrative rights and refuses to launch without administrative privileges.

right click then run as admin

Why does running normal game require administrative rights? That is unacceptable behaviour that only malware requires. No game requires administrative rights. Unless it is updating or doing something malicious plus i don't intend to use my administrator account for normal use.

I reported bug.

It's like saying I broke my leg on your doorstep and you said fight through the pain.

You better provide damn good reason to use administrative rights instead of right click to run as admin.

Oh and one more thing if i right click and run as admin it asks for password, what should i write? Provided i'm not administrator on pc and i just want to play?

But "The Universim.exe" runs without administrative rights, only launcher asks for them and refuse to start without them.

10 hours ago, CPY said:

Why does running normal game require administrative rights? That is unacceptable behaviour that only malware requires. No game requires administrative rights. Unless it is updating or doing something malicious plus i don't intend to use my administrator account for normal use.

I reported bug.

It's like saying I broke my leg on your doorstep and you said fight through the pain.

You better provide damn good reason to use administrative rights instead of right click to run as admin.

Oh and one more thing if i right click and run as admin it asks for password, what should i write? Provided i'm not administrator on pc and i just want to play?

But "The Universim.exe" runs without administrative rights, only launcher asks for them and refuse to start without them.

That is where you are wrong there are a lot of games that require administrative rights due to updates or it needs to use a file that only a admin can get too there is no malware here if that was the case then all 32.118 people would have malware, and if you are saying you get a password when trying to run in admin it means that the account you are using is just a normal account and someone has made a admin account on that PC witch stops you from doing things i.e installing programs  or updating most people are the admin on there PC witch in that case do not get this problem, It's not the game bugging out that the admin is stopping the game from running that would be windows if you get the password to who ever added the admin account then you can update the game 

Most people use bad security practices, using administrator account for your normal work is just plain stupid.

Requiring administrative rights for normal play is also bad practice. None of my 360 steam games require administrator right to play game. Most of the steam games update without requiring administrator rights.

Even uplay nags for administrative rights but if you say NO you can still use it and play games without any problem.

Stop trivializing use of administrative rights, it is a bad practice.

Thank you.

7 minutes ago, CPY said:

Most people use bad security practices, using administrator account for your normal work is just plain stupid.

Requiring administrative rights for normal play is also bad practice. None of my 360 steam games require administrator right to play game. Most of the steam games update without requiring administrator rights.

Even uplay nags for administrative rights but if you say NO you can still use it and play games without any problem.

Stop trivializing use of administrative rights, it is a bad practice.

Thank you.

Every pc i have built and owned all accounts are Admin accounts never had a problem what you are saying here is that most of the people that use a pc are stupid,firewall will need admin rights for games to go online to add ports also steam client will have a admin permissions that is why the games do not require admin rights most pc's that you buy the account is a admin account have good security software you will be fine, But if you chose not to run a admin account then add the password you made for when a program needs it if it was you that made the admin account 

As far as I know Origin games need administrative rights to update. You CAN play the game, but you'll need administrative rights to update it.

Ok we are done here, you can close this topic.

Sign in to follow this