TreeBear

V12 Black screen after welcoming screen

Just now, Chaosdrone said:

As socman said a dev is looking in to the problem see if we can get a quick fix did you ever open a support ticket ? sorry you have not had chance to play and hopeful we can get this sorted :)

That was the first thing I did but I was actually told to ask on the forums :) 

1 minute ago, TreeBear said:

That was the first thing I did but I was actually told to ask on the forums :) 

Ah ok well keep a eye open i will keep every one up to date with whats going on if i can :)

Ok so we do believe we know what the issue is (plugin bug), and already have the fix included for our V13 patch.

We have looked at what it would take to get that same patch into the V12 version (for a quick hotfix), but unfortunately it is not a simple task.  In fact, it very well could take us longer to prepare the hotfix than it would be to release V13 (since we are getting closer to it....and no i dont have an official date yet).  So instead of taking resources away from V13 and possibly delaying it further, we are going to hold off on any hotfix to V12.  We really apologize for the inconvenience this may be to some of you, because we know many of you are itching to play.  If you have any questions/concerns, please feel free to send me a PM via the forum.

Recently I too had the black screen after the welcome screen issue. I was still running Vista. A day or two ago I upgraded to Windows 10. I am now able to run Universim without the black screen! All hardware stayed the same, the only thing I changed was the OS. Hope this info helps others.

Only happened to me once at first start, right after update was done, attached the logs

Second and third restart went straight in, no probs

2017-02-25_082948.zip