TreeBear

V12 Black screen after welcoming screen

V12 Black screen after welcoming screen

So ever since I brought the game, every time I launch the game and get the Welcome Creator screen and press a random button to continue. The screen just goes black regardless of how long I leave it no crash just stays black regardless of how long it's left like that.

Specs:

Intel(R) Core i7-4770k @ 3.50 GHz

8 GB Ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770

I just bought the game today as well and am seeing the same issue.  I just se the black screen after the "Welcome Creator" screen.  I've tried reinstalling and rebooting but not sure what else to try.

Specs:

AMD 8350 8 Core 4.00 GHz

16 GB RAM

Nvidia Geforce GTX 970

No Issue for me. Try running it in compatibility mode and with admin privilliges. Also since you both are using Nvidia cards, try updating your video drivers.

Specs:

AMD FX-6300

Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3

MSI R7850-2GD5/OC

Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz (2x 4GB)

hey guys, can you send me your output log files?  you can find out where to get them here:

I've tried compatibility mode with win 7, 8, and Vista.  Also installed the latest NVidia drivers and it's still not working. Also, I have 3 monitors connected.  In case this was a video/resolution with 3 screens issue I tried unplugging 2 monitors but it's still giving me just the black screen.   Output log attached.

Thank you

output_log.txt

This output log was gathered while the universim was running.  it seems to be different. This line is interesting but then again I have no idea what i'm looking at..

"[AVProVideo] The native Windows DirectShow H.264 decoder doesn't support videos with resolution above 1920x1080. You may need to reduce your video resolution, switch to another codec (such as DivX or Hap), or install 3rd party DirectShow codec (eg LAV Filters).  This shouldn't be a problem for Windows 8 and above as it has a native limitation of 3840x2160."

output_log2.txt

So here is my output log no idea what to look for but maybe you guys can help out, have tried running the game with up to date graphic drivers and compatibility mode still nothing

output_log.txt

It's almost like my universe will not create because something is stopping the Big Bang from happening.  I tried clapping my hands and saying "Let there be light" but I still only see darkness.

im having the same issue as well.

I am having a similar issue but, slightly different, I can get past the welcome screen and into the actual game and I can play the game for a max of 20 minutes or so before, bam, My monitor goes blank and shows the input label then just goes black with the message "No display detected". i do not think it is game specific as my cpu has been doing this with 1-2 other games as well, Heroes of the Storm primarily. I think My video/gfx card is overheating, I sent the computer to the geek squad since I still have warranty on it, so far all the work they have done is software related (repaired a few viruses, reformatted windows, clean reinstall of windows, ran several intensive graphics tests) None of which repaired this specific issue or gave any sign that there is a problem with the gfx card specifically. 

Output log and dx below. 

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

have you guys tried running the game under administrator mode?  or try running in a different compatibility mode

I've tried both and get the same black screen issue.  From the output file. it looks like i'm using Directx 11.

done everything and it still happens

On 1/3/2017 at 4:36 PM, eloddeke said:

It's almost like my universe will not create because something is stopping the Big Bang from happening.  I tried clapping my hands and saying "Let there be light" but I still only see darkness.

Tried to like this but there is a 10 like limit, so I will just comment... I will also say: Now you're thinking like a God!!

ok so update with my problem. After trying it over and over, i gave my computer a restart. Now i can play the game itself BUT it is non functional. Everyone just stands still

Is anyone working on troubleshooting this or do we just wait until the next update?

Hi guys, my report is that I still have the same problem as everyone else and this is my pc Technical specifications.

Time of this report: 1/7/2017, 17:15:02
             Machine name: DESKTOP-K1KUC18
         Operating System: Windows 10 Pro N 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release_sec.160223-1728)
                 Language: Spanish (Regional Setting: Spanish)
      System Manufacturer: Acer
             System Model: Aspire E5-551G
                     BIOS: V1.08
                Processor: AMD FX-7500 Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G   (4 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
                   Memory: 8192MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 7114MB RAM
                Page File: 2621MB used, 6285MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\Windows
          DirectX Version: 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
       System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.10586.0000 64bit Unicode

output_log.txt

I don't have any info on the matter it seems to be a windows 10 issues @socman might know some thing i will see if i can find a fix in windows 10 

Not only a Windows 10 problem i'm running windows 8.1 but still happens for me, also doubt a game update will help since I have had the problem for multiple patches

25 minutes ago, TreeBear said:

Not only a Windows 10 problem i'm running windows 8.1 but still happens for me, also doubt a game update will help since I have had the problem for multiple patches

Have you been able to play at all since you got the game ? the problem is well known now why i say the next patch could fix the problem sadly im not a dev so i can only relay info i see and get told i have linked the head QA to this post

I have not been able to play at all since I got the game a week ago.

Tried running both as admin and in both WIN7 and WIN8 compatibility mode.

Tried rebooting.

Tried multiple install locations.  C: and secondary HD D: drive.

Up-to-date Nvidia Drivers

Tried messing with Nvidia Graphics settings

Tried clapping hands and shouting "LET THERE BE LIGHT"

Have not tried: getting a refund

Reposting Specs

Specs:

Windows 10

AMD 8350 8 Core 4.00 GHz

16 GB RAM

Nvidia Geforce GTX 970

50 minutes ago, eloddeke said:

I have not been able to play at all since I got the game a week ago.

Tried running both as admin and in both WIN7 and WIN8 compatibility mode.

Tried rebooting.

Tried multiple install locations.  C: and secondary HD D: drive.

Up-to-date Nvidia Drivers

Tried messing with Nvidia Graphics settings

Tried clapping hands and shouting "LET THERE BE LIGHT"

Have not tried: getting a refund

Reposting Specs

Specs:

Windows 10

AMD 8350 8 Core 4.00 GHz

16 GB RAM

Nvidia Geforce GTX 970

i understand that everyone wants to play the game and can not im sorry for this and i will see if i can get some one to reply to this

hey guys, we are getting a dev on this to see if we can figure out a quick fix for this until our next patch is released.  We will probably also set up a better way to communicate with those having issues, so I may be reaching out to some of you via a PM to get you setup to chat with us to see if we can resolve this nasty bug.

7 hours ago, Chaosdrone said:

Have you been able to play at all since you got the game ? the problem is well known now why i say the next patch could fix the problem sadly im not a dev so i can only relay info i see and get told i have linked the head QA to this post

Nope problem have been there since I brought the game

1 minute ago, TreeBear said:

Nope problem have been there since I brought the game

As socman said a dev is looking in to the problem see if we can get a quick fix did you ever open a support ticket ? sorry you have not had chance to play and hopeful we can get this sorted :)