Scryver

[0.0.8] Ubuntu UI Overflow

What client version you downloaded: Standalone client download on Lunix Ubuntu 16.04

What part of the system was the bug/issue encountered in: User interface and water tutorial

Are you able to replicate the problem: Yes, see attached screenshots.

Detailed description of the problem: I think the screens speak for themselves, there are issues with cropping of content in the UI.

Launcher: The Welcome message is cropped, maybe something to do with the size of the window?
Population Log: Overflow (up and down) of names, not clickable but all visible
Pump Tutorial: See the water cropping on both containers. Strange thing was that the window of the pump was correct afterwards, so I made a screen to show you and because of that the issue was back, see Pre/PostPrintScreen.jpg
Water Reservoir Tutorial: Also a overflow of water containers, made it hard to see the button the first time (yes it is still under the water) And again initially the water was correct on the water reservoir display as can be seen in WR1Pre.jpg, but after a screenshot it happened again and stayed like that for the rest of the game.
Farm: I thought I saw something similar as the population log happening, but I forgot to make a screen. If needed, let me know.

But overall a great game! Love the design and graphics. Keep it up!

LauncherIssue.jpg

PopulationLogIssue.jpg

PostPrintScreen.jpg

PrePrintScreen.jpg

PumpTutIssue.jpg

WR1Post.jpg

WR1Pre.jpg

WR2.jpg

WRIssue.jpg

Thanks for the report. Let me contact the wizards.

@Greendq @SebastianBielecki

@Scryver, let me guess - you have non-standard resolution or/and changed % of the display font size? Can you provide more details?

Yes, it could be I changed the icon size of my main screen (outside of the game). Will look into it tonight and post more details.

Played with the new patch 0.0.9, great work! Really enjoying it. Took me a while to get used to finding the buildings, but I like it. But back to the issue at hand;
Setting the Ubuntu Settings->Displays->Scale for menu and title bars back to 1 (instead of 0.75) fixed the launcher window. The water issues still exists though, same for the population log and the print screen issue.
I run the game on my second monitor which is set to the default 1920x1080 (other display is 1280x1024 if it matters) so no differences there.

Another observation. If I pick up a window with the water bug and drag it around, I can paint away the overflowing texture with the part that should have the texture (for example the water droplet in the water reservoir window). This also works for the population log btw.