Sign in to follow this  
Adrone123

Patch 0.0.8 bugs

Hey guys, At first when I saw the this patch, I wasn't too thrilled due to the lack of many new features but I gave this patch a shot and I was glad that I did. I'm going to go over some of the problems that I noticed with the patch. 

Eatery- I was very impressed with this building and love the AI route to grab water from the well and drink at the eatery. The attention to detail for the dishes created is very impressive along with the entire eatery design. There was a UI issue where the nuggets would finish their meals and drink and then their route would send them walking into the table that they were sitting at for a while. The length at which they were running into the table varied on the nuggets occupation. If they were a wood cutter, they'd be there for a long time until I assume the tree that they were heading towards was cut down. Then they'd change direction and move away. If the nugget was a builder, they'd head toward the construction site until it was complete and then they'd change directions and walk away from the table. That was the only delay I noticed with the eatery.

Construction label UI bug. Around 23 population, I would start building more pumps and resource stashes and It wouldn't show me the nuggets that were assigned to the construction. The nuggets would in fact be assigned and would be gathering resources and would build successfully but their portrait wouldn't show up on the construction tab for the project. However, sometimes their portrait would appear very late into the construction so it's a mixed bag on telling when they'd show the nuggets assigned to the task. Prior to 23 population, everything was in working order.

Hunger and thirst bug- I kept receiving notifications that nuggets were very thirsty and very hungry even though the food stash had 200 food in it and there was an ample surplus of water available for the nuggets to drink. The affected nuggets would soon go and take care of their hunger/thirst needs but I was confused as to why i'd be receiving the alerts when there wasn't any shortages. I tried constructing wells and food stashes at opposite sides of the village to see if that would cut back on the alerts but there was no effect.

I don't know if these issues are apart of the grand scheme of fixes that are currently being implemented for the AI rework in the upcoming patch but I wanted to let you guys know all of the initial issues that I encountered. I'm a big fan of the god light feature and for the first time, I was able to grow my population over 30 nuggets! Good benchmark! Keep up the phenomenal work because I'm very excited to keep supporting the Universim and am very proud of the cool work that your company and employees are consistently churning out!

Thanks

Whoops, one more issue. You guys need some tweaking on object perimeter placement. Stone huts would be built directly on top of farm plots that were growing food. 

Thanks for your impressions and report ! We're really glad that you loved the work of the team, don't worry, it'll stay that way !

I just need some details about the bugs you reported, in which state of the game were you when everything start fall over ? Cause there's some"global issues" that appears when you're near 24 years into the game.

That last one you reported is a known bug and team is working on it !

Thanks again man keep up that good work !

3 hours ago, ArsouilleSlic said:

Thanks for your impressions and report ! We're really glad that you loved the work of the team, don't worry, it'll stay that way !

I just need some details about the bugs you reported, in which state of the game were you when everything start fall over ? Cause there's some"global issues" that appears when you're near 24 years into the game.

That last one you reported is a known bug and team is working on it !

Thanks again man keep up that good work !

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, the bugs would start occurring in the early 20's years into the game. As you probably know: at the game's current stage, the nugget population tends to mellow out and there aren't many kids being created from around year 23/24 and on. It's almost at this point in the game that there seems to be a 'rift' in the gameplay where bugs will start to cut in as all of the buildings are built. 

8 hours ago, adrone123@gmail.com said:

Hunger and thirst bug- I kept receiving notifications that nuggets were very thirsty and very hungry even though the food stash had 200 food in it and there was an ample surplus of water available for the nuggets to drink. The affected nuggets would soon go and take care of their hunger/thirst needs but I was confused as to why i'd be receiving the alerts when there wasn't any shortages. I tried constructing wells and food stashes at opposite sides of the village to see if that would cut back on the alerts but there was no effect.

Just a little clarification on this just so you understand why you are getting these notifications. When you look at your nugget ID card and their thirst stat hits 20% you will get the notification that your nugget is thirsty and this 20% statistic is an indicator for the nugget to stop what he/she is doing and go drink water. So you will get these notifications every time a busy nugget is thirsty. A bit overkill on the alerts right? Don't worry, i'm sure this will be changed in the future. The dev team put that in place to monitor thirst ticks. 

24 minutes ago, adrone123@gmail.com said:

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, the bugs would start occurring in the early 20's years into the game. As you probably know: at the game's current stage, the nugget population tends to mellow out and there aren't many kids being created from around year 23/24 and on. It's almost at this point in the game that there seems to be a 'rift' in the gameplay where bugs will start to cut in as all of the buildings are built.

We are aware of the bottleneck issue regarding mating and we did some testing before the patch went live. You should see the population improving with every patch. 

Thanks Again.

Sign in to follow this