MajorPeabody

V0.0.7 Trees growing in lakes

Client Version - Windows/PC Launcher build 20160217
Game Version 0_0_7_1604150903
Game
To Replicate: N/A

Description: There are trees growing in the lakes

Thanks for the post!  We are aware of this and i believe the dev's were currently working on resolving this.  MAYBE (dont hold me to it) this will be fixed for the upcoming patch. =)

On 13-5-2016 at 3:52 AM, socman said:

Thanks for the post!  We are aware of this and i believe the dev's were currently working on resolving this.  MAYBE (dont hold me to it) this will be fixed for the upcoming patch. =)

Yea @Lucas Norr Said they are currently working on it.

This is a known issue caused by the lake "bounds" being too small in the database, so the area they test during placement is much smaller than the actual area they take up, so they are deemed valid even though they overlap with each other/water. This is fixed along with the new object distributor Geoffrey and I have spent much of the last few weeks on, though it's probably not going to make it into v0.8 (it's pretty much complete and working as advertised, but there are some minor bugs to fix, and because we rewrote most of it from scratch, we want to give QA a LOT of time to test it before we include it in a public release).

source: https://theuniversim.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2882-v007-lake-graphic-glitch-when-it-is-placed-next-to-the-sea/