Shaz

Game runs in the wrong monitor

Hi All,

I have a triple-monitor setup here, the left-most monitor is Portrait mode for coding and it happens to be the screen that Universim always wants to run in. It's making the game unplayable for me right now and unfortunately I haven't been able to find a fix to force it to start in my primary "center" monitor (yes it's set as primary).

I've tried searching, but I'm unable to locate an advanced search functionality here that lets me only query the bugs section. Either way, would greatly appreciate any help with this. I think by default it should detect what is set as primary and run on it.

Cheers,

Shaz.

There's a program called "TvGameLauncherGUI" this app will work on all steam games and other games where you need to specify a monitor. The team does know about this issue and should be fixed in V.0.0.8

Thanks KyloRen for the update.  Was having the same issue with my multi-monitor setup.  Was always selecting the left monitor instead of center.

23 hours ago, KyloRen said:

There's a program called "TvGameLauncherGUI" this app will work on all steam games and other games where you need to specify a monitor. The team does know about this issue and should be fixed in V.0.0.8

Thank you for the new knowledge. Never heard of this program, but now I know of it. Excellent little tool from the sound of it. Going to try it and report back.

EDIT: Having no luck with it. Says to drag EXE or LNK to the box area, when I do I get an unavailable cursor, and there doesnt seem to be any "Browse" functionality. I guess I'll just have to wait until it's patched, no worries :)

8 minutes ago, ShazaM said:

Thank you for the new knowledge. Never heard of this program, but now I know of it. Excellent little tool from the sound of it. Going to try it and report back.

EDIT: Having no luck with it. Says to drag EXE or LNK to the box area, when I do I get an unavailable cursor, and there doesnt seem to be any "Browse" functionality. I guess I'll just have to wait until it's patched, no worries :)

I'm sorry man. I do know this is one of Alex's top priorities right now. Wish I had better news for you.

@bjswick33 did this app work for you?

Just now, KyloRen said:

I'm sorry man. I do know this is one of Alex's top priorities right now. Wish I had better news for you.

@bjswick33 did this app work for you?

Totally cool man! It's a pre-alpha, stuff like this happens all the time and I'm a man of patience. Now, I see there's a command line in the read me for that little program, I'll try to mess with it tomorrow perhaps I can get it to work that way. It just looked a little too complicated. Picking audio and video outputs and dimming other displays, this little program is pretty crazy lol.

@bjswick33 Let me know if you end up using the command line or if the GUI works for you right off the bat. Cheers!

1 minute ago, ShazaM said:

Totally cool man! It's a pre-alpha, stuff like this happens all the time and I'm a man of patience. Now, I see there's a command line in the read me for that little program, I'll try to mess with it tomorrow perhaps I can get it to work that way. It just looked a little too complicated. Picking audio and video outputs and dimming other displays, this little program is pretty crazy lol.

@bjswick33 Let me know if you end up using the command line or if the GUI works for you right off the bat. Cheers!

Yeah i have heard good things about it with people that are having your issue. Most noticeably, Fallout4.

On 5/4/2016 at 10:09 PM, ShazaM said:

Sorry for the late response.  I was going to hold off until the 0.0.8 patch to see if it corrected.  I was in no rush to have the need to install another application.  I can say I was able to update to my other monitor in the settings in the patch today and it worked fine.

An additional issue that I found @KyloRen is that the back button under settings does not work if you are on the graphics settings.  You need to switch to audio before you click back to get to the main screen.  To reproduce just click settings and then back.  Nothing happens on my side.  If you then click audio and then back it works fine.

7 hours ago, bjswick33 said:

Sorry for the late response.  I was going to hold off until the 0.0.8 patch to see if it corrected.  I was in no rush to have the need to install another application.  I can say I was able to update to my other monitor in the settings in the patch today and it worked fine.

An additional issue that I found @KyloRen is that the back button under settings does not work if you are on the graphics settings.  You need to switch to audio before you click back to get to the main screen.  To reproduce just click settings and then back.  Nothing happens on my side.  If you then click audio and then back it works fine.

In the 0.0.8 patch you can now choose on which monitor you want to display the game. As for the 'back-issue', I'm not having any trouble with it.

5 hours ago, Nearth said:

In the 0.0.8 patch you can now choose on which monitor you want to display the game. As for the 'back-issue', I'm not having any trouble with it.

Yes I can select the monitor of choice after the patch.  After restarting the game I cannot replicate the back button issues.  Looks to be good to go!