rfmaster93

Game Unplayable/Extremely slow/Crashes

What client version you downloaded: Steam and Standalone

What part of the system was the bug/issue encountered in: Game runs at unplayable speeds

Are you able to replicate the problem: Happens every time I start the game.

Detailed description of the problem: I just recently received access to the pre-alpha. I downloaded the game through steam and attempted to play it. The Crypto Games logo and sound came up after the "Click any button to continue" screen, however the sound was extremely choppy, and the video logo was running at about 1 frame every 1 or 2 seconds. Basically it was a very choppy video with choppy sound. Then the game freezes for about a few minutes. Then the menu slowly begins to load. If I click the screen at all then the game freezes and I get the windows "Not responding, do you want to close out of this program" Menu. I have tried running the game a few times and was sometimes able to get the main menu fully up, but once it is fully loaded it only runs at about 1FPS again, extremely choppy.

It should not be a computer problem. I have a fairly new gaming laptop running 12gigs of ram, an I7, plenty of HDD space, and a dedicated graphics card (860M) Which I know runs when the game loads. So far to resolve the problem I have tried:

- Uninstalling and reinstalling the game
- Downloading it on both steam and standalone
- Updating graphics drivers with clean install
- Updating PhysX
- Disabling Vsync (Not sure why this would help, but hey why not)
- Restarting the computer
- Closing out of every program

None of the above help and I still get extreme chop and crashing. I searched around on the google and on these forums but did not see a similar problem. This almost definitly not a hardware issue since I run GTA5 on my laptop all the time, and I get great FPS.

Through the "Program not responding" I grabbed a screenshot of the error it gave me. I have attached the pictures.
I also tried keeping my task manager open to see if my system was under heavy load when running the game. The highest my CPU usage got to was 30-40%, and my ram did not go higher than 4 gigs out of 11.35. This was while starting the game and having it crash.

Also here are my specific system specs:

Intel I7-4710HQ 2.5ghz
Ram: 12GB
64 Bit
Windows 8.1

Any help would be really great. I am really excited to be able to try this awesome game.

Thank you.

universimerror1.JPG

universimerror2.JPG

i'll pass this info onto some of the dev's to have them take a look and see if they can help you.  Thanks!

You can possibly obtain more information in the event log.

1. Win+R

2. type "eventvwr" and hit enter

3. go to windows logs > system

4. Navigate to the time of the error and check for warnings and errors

you can also check for windows intercity issues to make sure your windows is not corrupted.

1. type "cmd" in the search bar

2. right-click 'run as administrator'

3. type "sfc /scannow"

this will take a few minutes, during this time windows will look for integrity issues and fix them if possible.

Thank you for your response.

Here is what I found:

The Event Viewer did not show anything promising in the system tab for when the program ran and crashed. However in the "Application" location it did show these errors:

LeveL: Error

Date and time: When I ran the game

Source: Application Hang

Event ID 1002

Here are some further details:

<EventData>
  <Data>The Universim.exe</Data>
  <Data>5.3.4.47953</Data>
  <Data>25a0</Data>
  <Data>01d19cb6269d07ff</Data>
  <Data>88</Data>
  <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\The Universim\The Universim.exe</Data>
  <Data>74b78511-08a9-11e6-82a8-448a5b46fe92</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data />
  <Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>
  </EventData>

Also got another one:

LeveL: Information

Date and time: When I ran the game

Source: Windows Error Reporting

Event ID 1001

Details:
<EventData>
  <Data />
  <Data></Data>
  <Data>AppHangB1</Data>
  <Data>Not available</Data>
  <Data></Data>
  <Data>The Universim.exe</Data>
  <Data>5.3.4.47953</Data>
  <Data>56e20f7e</Data>
  <Data>2d6e</Data>
  <Data>134217728</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data />
  <Data />
  <Data />
  <Data />
  <Data />
  <Data>C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppHang_The Universim.ex_9b24ed4f41f5f6128cc6937f809f82451c92ef55_232e0df7_0f554aa5</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data></Data>
  <Data>74b78511-08a9-11e6-82a8-448a5b46fe92</Data>
  <Data>2048</Data>
  <Data />
  </EventData>

I also ran the sfc scan now and did come back with something about finding corrupt files but not being able to fixthem.

This is very odd since it has not impacted any other game or given me any other issues. I have a good amount of dev things installed (.Net stuff, Java stuff, Unity etc...) so could it be one of those things interfering with the game?

I was going to do a system "Refresh" and see if that happens but I will wait to see if you have any other recommendations first.

Thanks again for the help.

First of all im definitely no expert in this area! That being said, after some google searching I kept ending up with a lot of steam results. So I'd recommend reinstalling steam and see if it helps.

Doing a system refresh will rule out the possibility that OS is the problem, because with a clean install there can't be anything wrong with your system. Doing a system refresh or completely reinstalling windows is never a bad thing to do. It will ensure that your system runs optimal without unwanted/unused software and it will get rid of all the known and unknown issues you currently have with your PC. I'd recommend doing this about once a year. Just make sure to make a backup!

If your find that after a system refresh you still have this problem, please file a bug report.

Nearth & Socman,

Thanks for being really proactive and getting back to me quickly. I did a full system restore to factory settings. I updated all my graphics drivers and such and downloaded the game again through steam. The game launched and seems to be running smoothly as of now. 

I am still thinking this might be related to some kind of issue with all of the dev tools I had on my system (unity ide, all the .net things, java jdk, or one of the other things). However the system restore seems to have cleared up this issue. Really glad to finally be able to play the game.

Thanks again for the help. This thread can be "closed" if the do that.

awesome, glad you had your issues resolved!