Jump to content
Sky57

Issue: Nuggets stop foraging

Recommended Posts

I've only been playing this game for a couple of days, but I noticed that I can get the food supply up to 230. As more nuggets are born, and I need to assign them to tasks, I find that I can set the number of forages to any number, the foraging stops. The first time it happened all the nuggets died. I tried the game again and decided to build a farm, but the food still went down.

I realize the game is in alpha and I do like the game. It's one of the better god games that I've played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sky57 said:

I've only been playing this game for a couple of days, but I noticed that I can get the food supply up to 230. As more nuggets are born, and I need to assign them to tasks, I find that I can set the number of forages to any number, the foraging stops. The first time it happened all the nuggets died. I tried the game again and decided to build a farm, but the food still went down.

I realize the game is in alpha and I do like the game. It's one of the better god games that I've played.

First of all, try to use this Formular for posting Bugs:

What client version you downloaded:

What part of the system was the bug/issue encountered in:

Are you able to replicate the problem:

Detailed description of the Problem:

As this is a lot easier to look at for the Devs.

 

Second Thing is, the bug is reported and looked at right now as far as I know.

And third Thing, I did have the same happene to me. If it helps, I think it started when I build the storehouse or was it the constructors hut, until then everything worked well. Need to try again to see if that is really the Thing causing teh bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After trying 2 more times, I am sure the start of Building the Distribution Center causes this bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, korniton said:

After trying 2 more times, I am sure the start of Building the Distribution Center causes this bug.

the devs actually believe the issue is due to no fruit trees being nearby.  they have a certain radius they look for food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest AlexK

Let's get more info on this, please, and we can probably roll hot fix for this .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can say that the issue isn't that there are no fruit trees nearby since I just had a game and there were a bunch of fruit trees in the area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, socman said:

the devs actually believe the issue is due to no fruit trees being nearby.  they have a certain radius they look for food.

I had 1 Nugget assignet to the Food collecting, and there where fruit trees around when I started to build my Distribution Center, as when they Nuggets started adding resources to the Building spot, my Food gathering Nugget got bugged and the trees where still around.

 

EDIT: I tried to add more Nuggets than, didn´t help. I did build a Food Center with hope it would fix the bug as Nuggets would have a place to drop Food in. It helped for like 10 minutes (1 Nugget stayed at gathering Food) Than stoped after a while.

Tried to build a second Food Center but all my Nuggets died until than...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

18 minutes ago, korniton said:

After trying 2 more times, I am sure the start of Building the Distribution Center causes this bug.

It's not the distribution center. I tried it with and without. I for my part noticed the population was something around 20 (childs icluded) when they start to ignore collecting food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest AlexK

Right now the Nuggets Collect food from trees and drop it near by tree trunks. We're not updating tree visual, means we don't remove fruit from trees. Can you click on food trees and see if they still have Food Points?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kerby84 said:

 

It's not the distribution center. I tried it with and without. I for my part noticed the population was something around 20 (childs icluded) when they start to ignore collecting food.

As I tried it few time until now, it always happened at another Population rate. First was at about 10, second at about 15.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AlexK said:

Right now the Nuggets Collect food from trees and drop it near by tree trunks. We're not updating tree visual, means we don't remove fruit from trees. Can you click on food trees and see if they still have Food Points?

Let me check that fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, korniton said:

As I tried it few time until now, it always happened at another Population rate. First was at about 10, second at about 15.

Children included?

 

4 minutes ago, AlexK said:

Right now the Nuggets Collect food from trees and drop it near by tree trunks. We're not updating tree visual, means we don't remove fruit from trees. Can you click on food trees and see if they still have Food Points?

yes plenty of. even placing food trees with gods power nearby does not help. Btw... What about a somehow direct god power to pick up piles of food and wood and help the nuggets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kerby84 said:

Children included?

 

yes plenty of. even placing food trees with gods power nearby does not help.

Once I disabled breeding and secont time I let em breed. So yes and no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, korniton said:

Once I disabled breeding and secont time I let em breed. So yes and no.

Okay so it's not the population. Matched all time I tried it. It could have been. But it's not the Center. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, i tried Building the Distribution Center as fast as possible, did it and they DID NOT stop gathering Food.

Then I add more Nuggets to gather Food, and they did until at some Point the only Food was out of the red ring (when you are Building something and the rings appear). Won´t collect Food out of the ring.

I tried picking up far away fruit trees and poping em into the town to check if the will collect it. Answer: no they won´t.

 

And I found a bug where , when the Nuggets pick Food from the tree, afterwards you can´t pick the tree up even if it Shows 10 Wood on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way of getting screen recording? Just to help support finding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is my grandmother's birthday today which is why i havent been that active this morning so hopefully I can make this presentable to you @AlexK and the dev team. Last night I spent quite a lot of time up to 7 hours experimenting with this bug while watching twitch.tv. I tried a variation of things, building distribution center, not building one, adjusting the game speed and not adjusting the game speed.  From a programming perspective I can see where their might be a bug from not having food trees around but i'm leaning more towards what I wrote in this post about the way priorities are being handled. Specifically with the way food is being handled. Problematically is their an endless loop that isnt being evaluated correctly? 

I just wanted to say while i have time here, thank you dev team for making a visually beautiful game with amazing fps. I will see you all tonight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sky57 said:

Is there a way of getting screen recording? Just to help support finding!

Fraps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, korniton said:

*snip* ... Then I add more Nuggets to gather Food, and they did until at some Point the only Food was out of the red ring (when you are Building something and the rings appear). Won´t collect Food out of the ring.... *snip*

 

Somehow bad to notice but yes. Up you see the Epicenter. Down the last pile of food. There is more food left way south but it's to far away as it seems. 

20160316204128_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kerby84 said:

 

Somehow bad to notice but yes. Up you see the Epicenter. Down the last pile of food. There is more food left way south but it's to far away as it seems. 

20160316204128_1.jpg

Yeah. I tried Building Things out of the ring, but doesn´t really Change anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, korniton said:

Yeah. I tried Building Things out of the ring, but doesn´t really Change anything.

So they simply don't run around the planet any longer to gather things. Mmh..

1 hour ago, AlexK said:

Right now the Nuggets Collect food from trees and drop it near by tree trunks. We're not updating tree visual, means we don't remove fruit from trees. Can you click on food trees and see if they still have Food Points?

@AlexK What distance from the Epicenter do they gather food? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kerby84 said:

So they simply don't run around the planet any longer to gather things. Mmh..

@AlexK What distance from the Epicenter do they gather food? 

Well, at some Point I think we Need Food to be respawnable on trees or even whole trees growing new. As at some Point there wouldn´t be any Food on the planet besides Farming/hunting/fishing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, korniton said:

Well, at some Point I think we Need Food to be respawnable on trees or even whole trees growing new. As at some Point there wouldn´t be any Food on the planet besides Farming/hunting/fishing.

Once the Nuggets advance they don't need to gather wild food any longer. You have Farming and hunting and fishing as you said. Collecting wild growing food is only to cover the first needs until you can generate food in a more efficient way. But yes. at this point with a not working farm and not implemented fishing and hunting food should regrow or you should be able to collect food with gods powers and drop it down near the EC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest AlexK

As we speak our Devs actually fixing this issue, we're also increasing distance on how far Nuggets can go for food. The things is, the way it works right now is actually perfect, but we need more tools to fight with it. We want to challenge with food harvested from trees, you'll be able to feed from 5 up to 10 Nuggets, but when you'll have more Nuggets you'll need to establish food production. Building Farms and Hunting will be a main source of food. During warm seasons farms will be a perfect choice, during cold winters, not so much, you'll need to hunt. But we're working to resolve this, to make it playable while we don't have all these things in place yet. Again, thanks for your amazing proactivity, this helps us a lot! 

 

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Kerby84 said:

Once the Nuggets advance they don't need to gather wild food any longer. You have Farming and hunting and fishing as you said. Collecting wild growing food is only to cover the first needs until you can generate food in a more efficient way. But yes. at this point with a not working farm and not implemented fishing and hunting food should regrow or you should be able to collect food with gods powers and drop it down near the EC.

Picking the Food up and droping on teh epicenter works. Try it with the not harvested trees far away from you. Drop the tree 3 times and it will break leaving Wood and Food behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×