socman

Crash on Startup: Linux Users

Are you having the game crash on startup and are playing the Linux version?  If so, post here along with as many details as you can.

Hi,

my system: HP Probook 650 G1 with 16GB memory running Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon edition 64bit.

I've been using pre-alpha since the previous version.

That version worked fine, just a small problem with the texture of rocks.  I couldn't start the game with the launcher, I had to start The Universim.x86_64 but it ran fine.

The latest version of the pre-alpha:

all sorts of weird problems. Updating was a problem, so I had to re-download/re-install. Now if I start "The Universim.x86_64" I get an error telling me Cinnamon crashed. However, I can now launch the game using the TheUniversimLauncher but as soon as it is completely loaded, and I can start playing, the screen starts 'flashing' weirdly.

The splash screen works, generating life and stuff works ok, but as soon as the message 'Welcome Creators' is on screen the weird stuff happens. Screen flashes pink, black , white, the planet changes color to black with green trees, strange lines appear and disappear again.

If there is anything you want me to test or try out, or you need more info, I'd be glad to help. I'm really really looking forward to the final game. 

I've included a screenshot of the black planet syndrome. It gets a lot more extreme than this.

best regards,

TheUniversim2.png

I am using Linux Mint 17.3 x64.

When starting the launcher as soon as it starts downloading the update(s) it crashes with this error.

I have paid for the $40 tier with pre-alpha access

snapshot1.thumb.png.f59e0c1e2df33b02d331

launcher-debug.log

Same problem as ZoneMaster, exact same byte and everything.

Also Using Linux Mint, Up to date on the linux.

Permission given, tried several different locations, tried to run under WINE. Same error same byte count. 

Edit: Reinstalled Mono (It was not complete), right click and ran with mono terminal, solved the problem!

Edited by Orthum

@zonemaster60 still in bug for you ? have you try Orthum technique ?

no it's updating fine now just not running. The game will start and display a couple screens then just quit back to the desktop.

I was able to reproduce the issue and found a workaround. This is Unity Player issue, I think we can fix it someway in upcoming public build.

The problem is in the graphics quality settings, player crash if Beautiful or Fantastic quality selected.

I have updated to 0.0.6 patch. The game exits/crashes back to desktop on the 'generating life' screen. I know it may be a video issue just not sure what.

We know about this, it looks like Unity3D player bug, it crashes even on their assets and examples. We have to wait for new Unity3D update.

Seems to me I found the workaround, but it will reduce GFX quality, will publish it a bit later if tests will be okay.

I tried replying to the patch notes topic (as it tells you to, but it seems we can't reply to it)?

I can launch the launcher, but when I click update it crashes, here's the terminal log:

liam@liam-ubuntu:~/Downloads/TheUniversimLauncherLinux$ '/home/liam/Downloads/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/TheUniversimLauncher' 
Unknown errno: Text file busy

[xcb] Too much data requested from _XRead
[xcb] This is most likely caused by a broken X extension library
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
TheUniversimLauncher: ../../src/xcb_io.c:736: _XRead: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_too_much_data_requested' failed.
Stacktrace:

at <unknown> <0xffffffff>
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Windows.Forms.X11Keyboard.XCreateFontSet (intptr,string,intptr&,int&,intptr) <0xffffffff>
  at System.Windows.Forms.X11Keyboard.CreateOverTheSpotXic (intptr,intptr) <0x000af>
  at System.Windows.Forms.X11Keyboard.CreateXic (intptr,intptr) <0x000d7>
  at System.Windows.Forms.X11Keyboard.CreateXicForWindow (intptr) <0x00037>
  at System.Windows.Forms.X11Keyboard.FocusIn (intptr) <0x00087>
  at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUIX11.SetFocus (intptr) <0x000d3>
  at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUI.SetFocus (intptr) <0x00024>
  at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.SendControlFocus (System.Windows.Forms.Control) <0x0008f>
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore (bool) <0x00727>
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible (bool) <0x00032>
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible (bool) <0xffffffff>
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.RunLoop (bool,System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext) <0x002e3>
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog (System.Windows.Forms.IWin32Window) <0x00827>
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog () <0x0000f>
  at System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox/MessageBoxForm.RunDialog () <0x00073>
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox/MessageBoxForm.RunDialog () <0xffffffff>
  at System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show (string,string) <0x0004b>
  at client_patcher.CPatcher.bgPatcher_DoWork (object,System.ComponentModel.DoWorkEventArgs) <0x01527>
  at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork (System.ComponentModel.DoWorkEventArgs) <0x00069>
  at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart (object) <0x0007d>
  at (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>.runtime_invoke_void__this___object (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0xffffffff>
  at <unknown> <0xffffffff>
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.AsyncResult.Invoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.AsyncResult) <0xffffffff>
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.AsyncResult.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem () <0x0000f>
  at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch () <0x001f0>
  at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback () <0x0000b>
  at (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>.runtime_invoke_bool (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0xffffffff>

Native stacktrace:

/home/liam/Downloads/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/TheUniversimLauncher() [0x604fbf]
    /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0(+0x10cd0) [0x7f18c35facd0]
    /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(gsignal+0x37) [0x7f18c3255227]
    /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(abort+0x16a) [0x7f18c3256e8a]
    /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0x2dffd) [0x7f18c324dffd]
    /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0x2e0b2) [0x7f18c324e0b2]
    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6(_XRead+0x102) [0x7f18b9c58f42]
    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6(_XRead32+0x25) [0x7f18b9c59a85]
    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6(XListFontsWithInfo+0x38e) [0x7f18b9c3b36e]
    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6(+0x7625f) [0x7f18b9c9125f]
    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6(XCreateOC+0xfc) [0x7f18b9c477ec]
    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6(XCreateFontSet+0x5c) [0x7f18b9c3bdcc]
    [0x41193e7f]

Debug info from gdb:

Could not attach to process.  If your uid matches the uid of the target
process, check the setting of /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope, or try
again as the root user.  For more details, see /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf
ptrace: Operation not permitted.
No threads.

=================================================================
Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries 
used by your application.
=================================================================

Running the .exe with my System Mono as opposed to the bundles one works. The game however just gives me a black screen so I don't get to do anything at all. If I run the downloaded executable with the command listed below it works (So I guess running the launcher with it doesn't pass the flag on).

As for the graphical issues others have, it's due to the newer OpenGL used in Unity (you need to update your Unity version). A workaround is launching with (if memory serves):

-force-opengl

Sounds good but how would I pass this argument (-force-opengl) to the executable in Linux?

Run it in terminal, with that at the end of it.

The Universim is crashing at startup. I get the "The Universim" screen with the progress bar running from left to right and then halting at around 10% (just above the "M"). Music continues to play, CPUs at around 30% but nothing further happens anymore. Could the issue be related to non matchin A*Pathfinder library versions?

The Player.log shows the following information:

Selecting FBConfig
GLX_FBCONFIG_ID=136
GLX_BUFFER_SIZE=32
GLX_DOUBLEBUFFER=1
GLX_RED_SIZE=8
GLX_GREEN_SIZE=8
GLX_BLUE_SIZE=8
GLX_ALPHA_SIZE=8
GLX_DEPTH_SIZE=24
GLX_STENCIL_SIZE=8
GLX_SAMPLES_ARB=0
GLX_SAMPLE_BUFFERS_ARB=0
GLX_STEREO=0
GLX_CONFIG_CAVEAT=NONE

Desktop is 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Initialize engine version: 5.3.2f1 (e87ab445ead0)
Forcing GfxDevice: OpenGL
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
GPU_MEMORY_INFO_DEDICATED_VIDMEM_NVX: 2097152
OpenGL:
    Version:  OpenGL 3.0 [3.0 Mesa 11.3.0-devel (padoka PPA)]
    Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on AMD PITCAIRN (DRM 2.43.0, LLVM 3.9.0)
    Vendor:   X.Org
    VRAM:     2048 MB
    Extensions: GL_ARB_multisample GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_copy_texture GL_EXT_polygon_offset GL_EXT_subtexture GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_texture GL_EXT_texture3D GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_multitexture GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_IBM_multimode_draw_arrays GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_INGR_blend_func_separate GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_S3_s3tc GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_MESA_window_pos GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_fragment_shader GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_fog_distance GL_APPLE_packed_pixels GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_float GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_MESA_pack_invert GL_NV_primitive_restart GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_OES_read_format GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_instanced GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_timer_query GL_OES_EGL_image GL_AMD_performance_monitor GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_EXT_texture_swizzle GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_NV_conditional_render GL_AMD_conservative_depth GL_AMD_draw_buffers_blend GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_AMD_shader_stencil_export GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_debug_output GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_sample_shading GL_ARB_sampler_objects GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_shader_stencil_export GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array GL_ARB_texture_gather GL_ARB_texture_multisample GL_ARB_texture_query_lod GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev GL_ATI_meminfo GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_texture_snorm GL_MESA_texture_signed_rgba GL_NV_texture_barrier GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding GL_ARB_shader_precision GL_ARB_texture_compression_bptc GL_ARB_timer_query GL_ARB_transform_feedback2 GL_ARB_transform_feedback3 GL_NV_vdpau_interop GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5 GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack GL_ARB_shading_language_packing GL_ARB_texture_storage GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled GL_EXT_transform_feedback GL_AMD_shader_trinary_minmax GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object GL_ARB_copy_image GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata GL_ARB_program_interface_query GL_ARB_shader_image_size GL_ARB_stencil_texturing GL_ARB_texture_query_levels GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample GL_ARB_texture_view GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding GL_KHR_debug GL_AMD_pinned_memory GL_ARB_buffer_storage GL_ARB_internalformat_query2 GL_ARB_multi_bind GL_ARB_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_ARB_texture_mirror_clamp_to_edge GL_ARB_texture_stencil8 GL_ARB_vertex_type_10f_11f_11f_rev GL_EXT_shader_integer_mix GL_NVX_gpu_memory_info GL_ARB_clip_control GL_ARB_conditional_render_inverted GL_ARB_derivative_control GL_ARB_get_texture_sub_image GL_ARB_pipeline_statistics_query GL_ARB_shader_texture_image_samples GL_ARB_texture_barrier GL_EXT_polygon_offset_clamp GL_KHR_context_flush_control 
GLX Extensions: GLX_ARB_create_context GLX_ARB_create_context_profile GLX_ARB_create_context_robustness GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float GLX_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GLX_ARB_get_proc_address GLX_ARB_multisample GLX_EXT_import_context GLX_EXT_visual_info GLX_EXT_visual_rating GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GLX_EXT_create_context_es2_profile GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer GLX_MESA_multithread_makecurrent GLX_MESA_query_renderer GLX_MESA_swap_control GLX_OML_swap_method GLX_OML_sync_control GLX_SGI_make_current_read GLX_SGI_swap_control GLX_SGI_video_sync GLX_SGIS_multisample GLX_SGIX_fbconfig GLX_SGIX_pbuffer GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap GLX_INTEL_swap_event 
Setting maxVSyncInterval to 4
GL: Detected 2048 MB VRAM
AudioManager: Using PulseAudio: Default Output Device
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/Assembly-UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/Assembly-UnityScript.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/UnityEngine.Analytics.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/UnityEngine.Analytics.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/Pathfinding.ClipperLib.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/Pathfinding.ClipperLib.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/Pathfinding.Ionic.Zip.Reduced.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/Pathfinding.Ionic.Zip.Reduced.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/Pathfinding.JsonFx.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/Pathfinding.JsonFx.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/Pathfinding.Poly2Tri.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/Pathfinding.Poly2Tri.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/DynamicText.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/DynamicText.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/DOTween.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/DOTween.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/DOTween43.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/DOTween43.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/DOTween46.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/DOTween46.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/UniversimAIBuild.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/UniversimAIBuild.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/DebugAssembly.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/DebugAssembly.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/Behave.Unity.Runtime.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/Behave.Unity.Runtime.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/protobuf-net.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/protobuf-net.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/DecalSystem.Runtime.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/DecalSystem.Runtime.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/JsonFx.Json.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/JsonFx.Json.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/SharpUnit.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/SharpUnit.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/siaqodb.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/siaqodb.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/UnityEngine.CrashLog.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/UnityEngine.CrashLog.dll into Unity Child Domain
- Completed reload, in  0.079 seconds
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/System.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
Default vsync count 2
requesting resize 1920 x 1080
resizing window to 1920 x 1080
Desktop is 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Using libudev for joystick management

Importing game controller configs
UnloadTime: 3.875000 ms
Trying to load data from an older version of the A* Pathfinding Project
Current version: 3.8.1 Data version: 3.7.4
This is usually fine, it just means you have upgraded to a new version.
However node data (not settings) can get corrupted between versions (even though I try my best to keep compatibility), so it is recommended to recalculate any caches (those for faster startup) and resave any files. Even if it seems to load fine, it might cause subtle bugs.

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Platform assembly: /home/nikki/Games/The Universim/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed/Boo.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)
Analytics.CustomEvent [GraphicsDevice] result: Ok

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Analytics.CustomEvent [GraphicsDeviceInfo] result: Ok

Analytics.CustomEvent [SystemInfo] result: Ok

Loading path db/Properties

FormatException: Unknown char: .
  at System.Double.Parse (System.String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Single.Parse (System.String s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Convert.ToSingle (System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at doc.util.PropertyUtil.GetFloatProperty (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SettingsManager.DefaultSettings (Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SettingsSheet.LoadDefault (.SettingsManager manager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SettingsManager..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SettingsManager.get_Instance () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at view.game.gui.UIController.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.Object:Internal_CloneSingle(Object)
UnityEngine.Object:Instantiate(GameObject)
view.<PrepareScene>c__Iterator40:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
view.GameLoader:Start()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

FormatException: Unknown char: .
  at System.Double.Parse (System.String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Single.Parse (System.String s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Convert.ToSingle (System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at doc.util.PropertyUtil.GetFloatProperty (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SettingsManager.DefaultSettings (Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SettingsSheet.LoadDefault (.SettingsManager manager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SettingsManager..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SettingsManager.get_Instance () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at view.GameLoader.LoadSettings () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at view.GameLoader+<PrepareScene>c__Iterator40.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Linux Mint 17.3 x64

AMD prop drivers 15.12 catalyst <-

Same issues, video. Just a garbled white screen with some barely readible text. Updated fine.

snapshot2.png

Player.log

I have the very same issue as @zonemaster60:

Initial download of 0.0.7 with the launcher worked properly. Starting the game from either the launcher or from command line shows the initial screen (sometimes light gray on white, sometimes totally garbled, sometimes white on black, sometimes invisible with just a changed cursor). Clicking the mouse then crashes the game.

I'm using Kubuntu 14.04 LTS, 64 bits, Kernel 3.13.0-85-generic, GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti with proprietary drivers 352.63, CPU Intel Core i5-3450 3.1Ghz

Tried windowed, fullscreen, different quality settings, turned off antialiasing/shader disk cache through environment variables, nothing helped.

Initial log file looks quite like the one from zonemaster60 (see Player.log.1).

I then then did "sudo sysctl -w kernel.yama.ptrace_scope=0" to allow gdb to attach to the crashing process which yielded some more details, though nothing really interesting (see Player.log.2).

Is there anything else, I can try?

Player.log.1

Player.log.2

P.S.: I probably should have expected such a behavior from a patch called "Die hard" :P

@Iwho, can you try to run the game (not patcher!) with the argument  -force-opengl ?

7 minutes ago, Greendq said:

@Iwho, can you try to run the game (not patcher!) with the argument  -force-opengl ?

@Greendq:

That was among the things I already tried (just repeated it to be sure) and unfortunately, it did not change anything. To my knowledge that flag should only have an effect on Windows anyway as Linux and MacOS only have OpenGL.

(BTW: My name starts with a lowercase L, that's why the mention did not work. Maybe I should change it to a capital L to avoid confusion with a capital I (India))

Good morning,

When i launch the game, is crashed.

Linux Debian 8 x64

Dual Screen with xrandr

Error in terminal :

Found path: ~/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim.x86_64
Mono path[0] = '~/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Managed'
Mono path[1] = '~/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Mono'
Mono config path = '~/TheUniversimLauncherLinux/The Universim_Data/Mono/etc'
displaymanager : xrandr version warning. 1.4
client has 2 screens
displaymanager screen (0)(DVI-I-3): 1680 x 1050
displaymanager screen (1)(DVI-I-2): 1280 x 1024
Using libudev for joystick management

Importing game controller configs

... And crash

I precise i had installad libudev but when i press a button the game shutdown and my computer is up to date

Sélection_001.jpg

Have a good day

@Gadgetroch: It's probably helpful if you also attach your log file ("~/.config/unity3d/Crytivo Games Inc./The Universim/Player.log"). That way it's easier for the devs to judge if it's the same crash as the others.

Here, sorry :)

Player.log

Seems to be crashing on the same address. So, dual-monitor is not the problem because I have only one screen.

@zonemaster60, @Gadgetroch: Which GPU (and which drivers) are you using (unfortunately Unity seems to overwrite the first part of the log file with the crash report instead of appending it, so this isn't visible in the logs)? Nvidia with proprietary drivers, like me? The more information we can find about what we have in common and what not, the easier it may become for the devs to find a workaround or a fix.

So far, the only thing we know is, that we are all using some Debian-based distribution.

@lwho, Debian Jessie with Nvidia yes, dual Screen

04:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation GT200 [GeForce GTX 260] [10de:05ea] (rev a1)

@Gadgetroch, @zonemaster60: FYI: In another thread  @Greendq replied to someone posting a log with the same stack-traces:

On 16.4.2016 at 6:37 PM, Greendq said:

We know about this problem, this is Unity3D engine issue. We have to wait until next Unity version - this issue should be fixed. Those things are beyond of our control.

Would have been nice if he had written that here as well, so I wouldn't have wasted my time collecting information that obviously is not needed.

:(

Maybe we can make forced an update on debian ?

I try to download the last version on : http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity-on-linux-release-notes-and-known-issues.350256/

And now i had (see picture)

I post my player.log

I precise had uninstall it and re-install it, so i write my key twice.

Player.log

Sélection_001.jpg