yanphi

Launcher "Fatal Error"

Just bought the game today, the $40 pre-alpha access one. I downloaded the launcher but when i press the update button, it comes up with this error: (Uploaded Image)

Capture.PNG

Log out your Dashboard go delete the universim from "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Universim\ and then log in back redownload it and use your Key given, worked for me.

Log out your Dashboard go delete the universim from "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Universim\ and then log in back redownload it and use your Key given, worked for me.

tried that, still gave me the same error :/

well i'm truly sorry i couldn't reproduce the error, i didn't find how to fix it since it don't happen to me... good luck man.

Its ok. This is a bit of a disappointment as i was expecting to be able to download and play this...

to be honest i have the game right now and it's really IN EARLY ACCES man you only have 20 minutes of play time i'm really hyped for next patch ^^

20 min play time? Please elaborate?

you can play for longer then 20 minutes of play time but the problem is, after 20 minutes the game engine stop working like "nugget stop doing work time stop going forward" things like that.

oh? Why is that?

Not enough content programmed in yet. Just a skeleton version of the game to give a taste. Try deleting and re-downloading the launcher a few times, if not that try the above process a few times. Sorry to hear of your troubles. 

I had this same issue because I typed the activation key wrong. Uninstall the game from your machine and redownload/install it. Make sure your key is good and you should be set. Got mine going on the second time around. Also just to mention that yes there is a hard lock on the game. This is still in PRE-alpha which means it isn't even technically in alpha yet. Right now there is a 20 minute hard lock on the game. You can research and build relatively well for 20 minutes but after that your Nuggets will stop working and starve to death essentially. Still thought its pretty fun and a good chance to help the devs get some early bugs fixed. Good luck and have fun with your world domination!

I've tried that several times and each time it just came up with that error... 

This is the key right?

Capture.PNG

Edited by yanphi

Yep that's it. Sorry it didn't work. =( Do they even have a customer service or technical assistance team yet? Good question to ask now I guess lol.

I think so? But every time i go on the contact-us part of their website to try and request technical assistance, my computer doesn't seem to want to load it. Its probably because of my internet though.