Sign in to follow this  
DysonRing

Research Stuck

Hi, my first bug report for The Universim I must say this game is fantastic and a blast to play even for a pre alpha test. But I have noticed that after a certain while research freezes after at least 5 or more techs have been researched. 

Example: I researched the first few Stone Age techs then after I decide to go for fire or agriculture they complete sometimes but get delayed then after a while the techs just freeze and I have to cancel them then try again. It may have to do with that all my Nuggets are doing to much at a time and don't have enough time to research. Because I think research has to do with the priorities set by the Epicenter that are set by me.

I have noticed similar things with builders or eating like they would just sit in one place keep eating or mill around the build site. But then when I set the epicenter to low or rest they seem to do fine.

Otherwise its a great game by the way!!

-DysonRing

As the in-game loading screen said, the game is really meant to work for around 20 minutes or so before humanity starts dying of stupidity. Occasionally when the research is 100%, it usually holds for another few seconds before it goes on to the next one. I'm pretty sure they know. :)

It's first version pre-alpha afterall, so yeah, pretty sketchy at the moment.

You are lucky if you can even complete one of the branches. But it really dosent matter as noting of the tech actually works or makes a difference, other than the warehouse and granery that collects recourses but quickly gets filled up becouse the upgrades dont work. So if i where you i wouldt bother witch researching untill it actually works.

As with many other issues, it is probably the 20 minute hard lock on the demo. Test again to see if these issues are happening pre-lock and submit again in the bug forum using this format:

Topic Title: (A Short Description of Bug or issue)

Build number: you can find this in the upper left corner of the game window.

What version you downloaded: (Steam version or dashboard download, PC/Mac/Lunix)

What part of the system was the bug/issue encountered in: (was it with the launcher/patcher or with the game client it's self)

Are you able to replicate the problem(if yes please detail the steps used to replicate it)

Detailed description of the problem: Please be as thorough as possible. Include any screen shots if you have them.