Sign in to follow this  
Tikigod

Nuggets not collecting food and dying of starvation with fruit trees nearby

Build Revision: 0.0.1.15102655

Distribution Version: Dashboard Launcher 

First off I'm assuming 

2015-10-16_10-43-57.png

is a fruit/berry/nut tree and a source of food.

Anyway, I just had a session where I had 10 nuggets and none of them would gather food even with 4 of them assigned to gather food (which seemed to happen around the time this nugget started acting weird). Eventually they all started dying of starvation and my epicentre reserves became completely depleted.

Even though there were 4 of those trees right next to the epicentre no one would gather any food.

Edited by Tikigod
Adding the somewhat pointless for now until additional builds actually exist bug report format

happened to me too on my first 20 min session, next session had no issues.

happened to me too on my first 20 min session, next session had no issues.

If there's a 20 minute duration hard cap before the behaviour just switches off, this might explain it. But it would suggest that the 20 minutes continues to count down even when the game is in a frozen state in the escape menu, as I'm constantly going to menu to then post things here or discuss on chat, so the timer carrying on really shouldn't be happening.

Edited by Tikigod

It happened to me also on my first game. The nuggets simply died, I couldn't get them to do anything. I killed the game, restarted, and then everything worked out fine. Perhaps something is wrong with the first game run in general? Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: Removed this, as it was a different unrelated issue.

Edited by Ruebezahl

I got "ghost" nuggets, they eat a lot and made my population starved to death (see consumption -14.00 with 0 nuggets)

XczqkQ3.png

Same problem here

This has happened to me in every play through. I just spawned new nuggets to progress but they suffered the same fate. As soon as I set some to gather food they ran across the globe to die by some water. Made for an entertaining video though :P

mine had food but still died of starvation must be carnivores not herbivores :P

Same problem here, for me it seemed to be a pathing issue, had food, and had an entire line of nuggets sitting behind 1 guy...Curious if maybe collision mechanics had him boxed in, he couldnt get out, and they couldnt get around him to get food.  Can't say for certain, but I've noticed a LOT of idle workers that seem to be walking in place as if they are boxed in.  Reminded me of the old flashbang jokes from counter strike source lol.

Same here, the first ones to die were the ones assigned to key buildings: 1st people working in the distribution center; then nuggets assigned as constructors (the ones working in the farm seemed fine). Then the pandemy started and I couldn’t assign more than 7 nuggets to get food.

ggg.jpg

Sign in to follow this