Susanna

DISCUSSION - Nugget Fashion Week 2015

NFW.jpg.24e5801019d24e4e6d9142d556127762OFFICIAL DISCUSSION THREAD

UPDATE: The deadline has been extended! You can now submit your artwork through Wednesday, October 21, 2015 (11:59 PM PST).

This is the place to discuss submissions for our Nugget Fashion Week 2015 fan art contest. Provide constructive feedback and talk about your favorites here. If you want to enter the contest for a chance to win some great prizes, head over to the Submission thread and show off your artistic talent. As always, please keep discussions civil.

Naked Nugget Reference Images Below

female.thumb.png.9195fa5d4e06a6aba035db6female_iso.thumb.png.8bdb2b65c64d57ea4afMale.thumb.png.357ea9648a04c697b770e22fcMale_iso.thumb.png.ce8b6d59384f58f1990e4

Nuggets Design Examples Below

character_7_blank.thumb.png.4427e2b320fecharacter_10_blank.thumb.png.5807b050e4dcharacter_11_blank.thumb.png.5a0c3a5ad1acharacter_16_blank.thumb.png.77502faa885character_23_blank.thumb.png.2c335dcecbbcharacter_33_blank.thumb.png.d039f7c3b0echaracter_34_blank.thumb.png.cfb63232a4fcharacter_43_blank.thumb.png.b37c3adaff7character_48_blank.thumb.png.aa273919099modern_character_3_blank.thumb.png.ed1acmodern_character_30_blank.thumb.png.2c1dmodern_character_21_blank.thumb.png.57d8modern_character_17_blank.thumb.png.18eemodern_character_16_blank.thumb.png.5358modern_character_39_blank.thumb.png.de35modern_character_40_blank.thumb.png.8570modern_character_59_blank.thumb.png.20aemodern_character_65_blank.thumb.png.300dSuper-Station_Jumbo.thumb.png.df4346ef6bmodern_character_83_blank.thumb.png.3df6modern_character_80_blank.thumb.png.ef28modern_character_75_blank.thumb.png.e135

Edited by Susanna

Guest CM Mirror

Well I'll be entering this if I'm A: eligible to enter and B: the baby behaves long enough to do so.

I'm sure the prizes are great, but what are they?

I'm sure the prizes are great, but what are they?

9.    Prizes:
Once confirmed, the prize winners will receive the following, depending on which prize they win:

First Place Winner: One (1) Universim Track Jacket in the size and style of your choice and one (1) Universim Poster, Nugget Fashion Week 2015 First Place Forum Badge

Second Place Winner: One (1) Universim T-shirt in the size and style of your choice and one (1) Universim Poster, Nugget Fashion Week 2015 Second Place Forum Badge

Third Place Winner: One (1) Universim Poster, Nugget Fashion Week 2015 Third Place Forum Badge

All Participants:  Nugget Fashion Week 2015 Participant Forum Badge

It is a bit of a wall of legal text! :lol:

i just looked out for the main bit :P

Crap. I wish my drawing tablet still worked. oh well. I shall use pencil and paper like heathen!!!

Could the organisation supply a couple of naked nuggets which contestants could use as a base for the designs?

How many entries are allowed per contestant?

Does the entry have to include designs for all sexes and sizes or just for one or perhaps an entire fashion line?

its points like this that i wish i could draw. or really had any art skill at all :(

How long before we have the Avenger Nuggets? - Suitably altered so as to avoid any legal action obviously!

Edited by Harkole
Copyright statement

Could the organisation supply a couple of naked nuggets which contestants could use as a base for the designs?

How many entries are allowed per contestant?

Does the entry have to include designs for all sexes and sizes or just for one or perhaps an entire fashion line?

​1. We will be providing some unclothed Nuggets for reference very soon.
2. Limit is one entry per contestant.
3. The entry can include as many or as few designs as you like.

​1. We will be providing some unclothed Nuggets for reference very soon.2. Limit is one entry per contestant.
3. The entry can include as many or as few designs as you like.

​Sorry to be a bit of a nagging nanny but the answers to 2 and 3 give rise to additional questions.

If an entry has multiple designs, will the judgement be based on the average quality of all the designs or could any one of those designs win if it's very good?

What's to stop someone from circumventing rule 2 by creating a hundred designs and putting them forth as one entry?

Will someone who includes more designs in the entry stand a better chance of winning than someone who offers a single design?

If someone posts their entry and then later decides that they want to make a change to it or add something to it, can they edit their post or will this disqualify them?

I'm not sure if I will offer an entry myself but I just want to make things clear for all the contestants because there appear to be some gray areas that could potentially lead to awkward situations and disappointments.

Yeah, 2 and 3 rather conflict. And the 3rd just encourages people to instead make a single entry that is 'n' number of designs all in one submit to circumvent the 2nd rule, making the 2nd rule pointless except as a basis for disallowing follow-up ideas to be posted.

Unless the rules allow for editing or 'fixing' submissions after submit in which case it ends up encouraging people to constantly add to their existing submission and just complicates the whole thing further.

Though if changing submissions after posting isn't allowed at least moderators can still check past edit contents for any infringements to make sure people aren't going back and changing things but un-checking "Show that the message has been edited". lol

Edited by Tikigod

Also what format do submissions have to be made as? Or is it open ended?

So does it need to be one or more static images? Or can it be a singular animated/video sequence of a collection all in one?

The latter would be nice personally, but it would also heavily put some submits at a disadvantage over those that have the software/capabilities to actually quickly put together a more polished video sequence that would better 'market' ones fashion design over someone who may have the better design but not have the ability to package it off with so much additional BS fluff.

​Sorry to be a bit of a nagging nanny but the answers to 2 and 3 give rise to additional questions.

If an entry has multiple designs, will the judgement be based on the average quality of all the designs or could any one of those designs win if it's very good?

What's to stop someone from circumventing rule 2 by creating a hundred designs and putting them forth as one entry?

Will someone who includes more designs in the entry stand a better chance of winning than someone who offers a single design?

If someone posts their entry and then later decides that they want to make a change to it or add something to it, can they edit their post or will this disqualify them?

I'm not sure if I will offer an entry myself but I just want to make things clear for all the contestants because there appear to be some gray areas that could potentially lead to awkward situations and disappointments.

If an entrant wants to submit a single image with a hundred Nuggets on it, that's his/her decision. Volume is certainly not a substitute for quality, and I'm not sure judges want to squint at a hundred tiny Nuggets. Furthermore, the artwork will be judged as a whole. So if there are a hundred designs in one piece of artwork and we only like a few of those designs, we're not likely to select that piece for the top ten. A submission featuring a single excellent design will more than likely be selected over a submission featuring one excellent design hidden among nine other mediocre ones.

Submissions to the thread are final, so put the finishing touches on before you post. Hope that clears things up.

Also what format do submissions have to be made as? Or is it open ended?

So does it need to be one or more static images? Or can it be a singular animated/video sequence of a collection all in one?

The latter would be nice personally, but it would also heavily put some submits at a disadvantage over those that have the software/capabilities to actually quickly put together a more polished video sequence that would better 'market' ones fashion design over someone who may have the better design but not have the ability to package it off with so much additional BS fluff 

Any format is fine, so long as we can view it as a link or an attachment on the Submission thread. We will still be judging on the quality of the designs themselves, so if someone does a polished video sequence that features mediocre designs, that submission is not likely to be selected for the top ten. In other words, we are judging the designs, not the "BS fluff".  

Any format is fine, so long as we can view it as a link or an attachment on the Submission thread. We will still be judging on the quality of the designs themselves, so if someone does a polished video sequence that features mediocre designs, that submission is not likely to be selected for the top ten. In other words, we are judging the designs, not the "BS fluff".  

​Sounds good, thanks. :)

i will show you guys my paint skills ^_^

Time to get down to business and break out my MS Paint skillz.

#3good5you #winner #nuggets #nuggetcontest2k15

are you able to enter with multiple images?

Apparently not.

Apparently not.

sounds like a maybe not the way you put it:)

any clear answer out there please?

edit:nvm found it:   3. The entry can include as many or as few designs as you like

Edited by LegendaryKira

You can't enter multiple images, but you can put multiple outfits in the same image.  

I will be making an FAQ post later today to address some of the confusion that's coming up. In the meantime, if you have questions or concerns, keep posting them here and I'll do my best to answer them all.

Guest CM Mirror

@susanna As a community volunteer am I eligible?